Last night with CC and Bully

Guest wilyfox

..weathered a storm and then grew to dominate the match. I think we got pretty close to them.

No we flippingdidn't. We should have been 2-0 down inside the opening 10mins. Nsue missed a glorious chance to double their lead. Boro were coasting after that. Got their noses in front. We couldn't hurt them - and they knew it. Did enough, then shut up shop.

Away at borough we conceded in the first minute, weathered a storm and then grew to dominate the match.

I think we got pretty close to them.

This did not happen, 

Boro were comfortable throughout, even without the ball and we managed 1 shot on target in 90 minutes

I know we played Helan and Semedo etc so expectations were low, but we were never in that game

Exactly that. Burnley are a well-oiled machine. Gray and Vokes cause us problems. We couldn't get close to Boro when we played them. They'd brush us aside in the playoffs. Brighton are the ones we'd stand more of a chance against. Very evenly matched.

We are a better side now. Think we'll give all three a better game than we may have done earlier in the season and I think it's only the Middlesborough home game where we well beaten and off the pace.

Guest wilyfox

We are a better side now. Think we'll give all three a better game than we may have done earlier in the season and I think it's only the Middlesborough home game where we well beaten and off the pace.

It's all opinions, but personally I think Boro demonstrated how they're ahead of us in the building process for a prem return. We were far more competitive against Brighton, Derby, and Hull. That's why I'd prefer them. Slow starts and individual errors cost us in both Burnley games, but we matched them for long periods in-game. I think they'd get past us again.

Edited by wilyfox

Slow starts and costly errors cost us in both Burnley games, but we matched them for long periods in-game. I think they'd get past us again.

This worries me going into the play offs, assuming we do

We seem to completely write off the first half in most games, which better sides are likely to make us pay for, hopefully we'll be willing to go for it, be prepared to lose to win 

Boro were never in danger a single minute of either game we played. I really wouldn't fancy our chances against them. Burnley have two great strikers who cause any team problems. Brighton would far from be easy, but given a choice it would obviously be them

Boro were never in danger a single minute of either game we played. I really wouldn't fancy our chances against them. Burnley have two great strikers who cause any team problems. Brighton would far from be easy, but given a choice it would obviously be them

I remember Matias scoring against boro at Hillsborough and I think we hit the bar at the riverside so given your logic of them not being in danger for a single minute those respective passages of play amounted to 40-50 seconds then? 😝