How Many Houses Does The Club Own On Vere Rd?

I agree - I'd get rid of the corners too to provide some definition.

West Stand is top priority followed but the Kop - the other two shouldn't need too much

The Kop could be sorted by extending it back to the road (,as there is a big void behind the stand that could be turned into concourses) ,and remove the pillars in line with the world cup plans with an arch over the roof. 

This would be a lot cheaper than demolishing and starting again. 

Guest Manwithastick

The Kop could be sorted by extending it back to the road (,as there is a big void behind the stand that could be turned into concourses) ,and remove the pillars in line with the world cup plans with an arch over the roof. 

This would be a lot cheaper than demolishing and starting again. 

extending what back to the road? I'm confused......

Houses on Vere Road etc... would be a bonus but not crucial.

It's been same location for over 100 years - not sure how it's suddenly a bad location now.

We can build river defences, tram links are good, we could ask for Wadsley Bridge station to be reopened if we start averaging 35,000+, build a motorway that goes straight from the M1 to the ground - the M1867.

Et voila.

lol

River defences, train station and motorway.

Cheap

I'd love nothing more for the club to upgrade the current stadium to the 21st century. Hillsborough is a beautiful traditional old stadium, i'd prefer that over a generic new ground any day. But, like Grandad says, the area isn't practical to keep up with demands of modern day football supporters. People want fan zones and entertainment around the ground. They want it easily accessible with decent parking options and good transport links. 

Hillsborough is so crammed into a neighborhood that there isn't much room to do a great deal. 

It pains me to say it because I absolutely love Hillsborough, despite all of the negitivity surrounding it at the moment. It's the place that got me into Wednesday when i was a nipper. But i think for the future, if we really want to compete with the big boys, we need to move. 

So what location would you suggest that:

a. Isn't on a flood plain.

b. Has proper transport links.

c. Has space for parking.

d. Isn't in a run down area.

e. Would be cheaper than developing the existing ground.

I'm struggling to think of anywhere in the city boundaries that meets your criteria.

Building it in a rundown area would give a hell of a lot more choice.

Four football disasters in my memory.

Ibrox, Rangers stayed put and completely rebuilt the ground in a few years, a line seems to have drawn under it decades ago.

Valley parade, relevant parts of the ground rebuilt, people of Bradford mourned/remeber at the right time, then moved on.

Heysel, seems to be the forgotten disaster, can't imagine why.

Hillsborough, the festering sore, the one that goes on and on with no end in sight, probably not have a line drawn under it within the next 20 years, makes you wonder if a move to a new stadium would be the only escape (Just a thought).

yes, yes we do. Our stadium will cost more to develop (and still have all the surrounding difficulties ie shitty location, poor traffic, poor parking) than building a purpose built one that will generate much more income.

we need to lose the blinkered view that our stadium should be a 23 day a year facility. It has to be much more than that in the modern age.

the New York Stadium in Rotherham generates a higher non-matchday income than ours which is 3 times bigger

how does the new york do that ?and where do you get the figures from?....

Non-match day income. Renting out the stadium and facilities to businesses when there isn't a match on.

It's near the town. It's got decent facilities

Even my old company used to put events and meetings on at Bramall Lane because it is in town and near the train station.

John and Mary Wersby are the parties named on PERRANDALE LIMITED based on the IoW

Oh wow.

X

ADDRESS

3, to 17 (inclusive), 39 to 71 (inclusive) and 10 to 74 (inclusive), Vere Road, Sheffield, S6 1SB

PROPRIETOR

PERRANDALE LIMITED

Someone basically owns the all - except a handful.

Guess they own the leasehold then?

Hmmm would they be leased though? I though only flats tended to be leasehold. And why missing some others ?

Plenty of residential houses in Sheffield are under lease hold for many years. The accounts of Perrandale would sugeest this is the case as the income is small and a regualr amount.

Houses on Vere Road etc... would be a bonus but not crucial.

It's been same location for over 100 years - not sure how it's suddenly a bad location now.

We can build river defences, tram links are good, we could ask for Wadsley Bridge station to be reopened if we start averaging 35,000+, build a motorway that goes straight from the M1 to the ground - the M1867.

Et voila.

This is from 2011 so the cost will probably be considerably higher

A mile of new motorway costs on average £30m, according to the Highways Agency.

John and Mary Wersby are the parties named on PERRANDALE LIMITED based on the IoW

That isn't the correct Perrendale Limited.  Your link shows that it is the Perrendale Limited registered in the Isle of Man that owns the property.

The one on the Isle of Wight only has £400 of fixed assets - that would be a lot of cheap houses.