How Many Houses Does The Club Own On Vere Rd?

Immediately behind the North Stand there are 36 houses on Vere Rd which back onto the ground. I know back in the '80's we owned several of these, does anyone have any idea if that is still the case and if so how many?

Not sure if we do now but heard they'd already looked into the possibility of acquiring the lot.(stadium expansion)

Not sure how far enquiries got and there's plenty of factors involved most notably the potentially huge cost & the fact people may not want to sell lol

Edited by richowl

Checked on Zoopla and the asking price for houses of similar type in the area is c 110k so 4-4.5 million for the lot.

Was thinking in terms of a couple of them at each end of the street to give improved access and better segregation for the North stand and NWC as a starting point.

I have no idea if it's true, so I hope I'm not spreading baseless rumours, but I remember reading that at least some of those houses are now owned by Paul Aldridge.

I saw it mentioned on Owlstalk a year or two back, so hardly the most reliable of sources  ;-)

I'd rather be in Sheffield (well this weekend at least)!

In truth I'm a boring old fart with too much time on my hands.

Edited by Utah Owl

I have no idea if it's true, so I hope I'm not spreading baseless rumours, but I remember reading that at least some of those houses are now owned by Paul Aldridge.

I saw it mentioned on Owlstalk a year or two back, so hardly the most reliable of sources ;-)

He may own some on Vere Road, I don't know, but the ones I recall mentioned on here were on Penistone Road immediately after the club shop and before the newsagents. He definitely bought one or some of those from the club.

Guest mrbluesky

He may own some on Vere Road, I don't know, but the ones I recall mentioned on here were on Penistone Road immediately after the club shop and before the newsagents. He definitely bought one or some of those from the club.

2 apparently closest to the entrance, not daft that lad!

My mate Brian lives in one of the houses behind the north

Can't see him wanting to sell, he's just laid a new lawn.

Yeah Chas paid for it,it`s a Desso one.

Any hotel would probably need to be where the NW corner is. Maybe that would be suitable segregation?!

You need to read hasthagotanycheese post again. I dont have a monopoly on intelligence but I think the old kent is joshing about the four houses and a hotel.

Checked on Zoopla and the asking price for houses of similar type in the area is c 110k so 4-4.5 million for the lot.

Was thinking in terms of a couple of them at each end of the street to give improved access and better segregation for the North stand and NWC as a starting point.

i think if i owned one i'd be asking for double possibly treble the going rate in those circumstances ..