Team v Cardiff

I disagree, I don't think Nuhiu can contribute enough for 45 minutes, and it's a risk starting him.The risk would pay off, if we try & blitz them from the off, & score an early goal. Not sure we need to gamble.

I hope FF starts  left, with H&J upfront, but suspect Carlos will stay with FF&H upfront.

Ok lets avoid Nuhiu hijacking a team thread.

If Carlos picks Palmer and Hunt up front, with Lewis Price on the left, I dont care if we get a result.

Surely this game is all about trying to keep it tight first half and we can change it if we need a goal second half.

Would start with

..................Westwood

Palmer......Lees......Loovens......Pudil

......................Lopez

............Lee...............Bannan

McGeady................................FF

......................Hooper

Nuhiu fanboys. Manage to invent a reason to include him despite the facts showing that we struggle when he starts and Hooper is better when not playing alongside him.

The fact is we have a better record with nuhiu in the team than without this season,and last..Do you not remember me posting those stats only last week??....but don't let reality get in the way of your obsessive hatrid of your own player...

Hooper looks twice the player to me when he is alongside him. Hasn't he actually said he likes playing with him?

I'm no Nuhiu fan believe me but I know what I see and that's a far more threatening team when he plays

This is true,Hooper said he enjoys playing with him,as he holds it up ,and draws defenders towards him,thus creating space for hooper...

i would imagine stevebold will be shouting that down...

Surely this game is all about trying to keep it tight first half and we can change it if we need a goal second half.

Would start with

..................Westwood

Palmer......Lees......Loovens......Pudil

......................Lopez

............Lee...............Bannan

McGeady................................FF

......................Hooper

I expect this is how we will approach it.

However using this tactic we have let worse teams than Cardiff dominate the first 20 mins which have put the team and crowd on the back foot.

I don't want this to happen because if they do score first it is going to be a very tense environment with over 30k in. We need to make sure the big crowd works for us not against us.

Not bothered about another second half of desperation like we had against mk.

Just like to see us being more positive from the off and keep the crowd involved

Nuhiu is best coming off the bench or later on when defenders are tiring, even though he carries a not far off zero goal threat he must be a right pain in the arse to mark, he also makes the space to let bannan, FF, hooper and Joao do their stuff

No way should he start though

But the system at the moment is god awful, we have a bunch of quality players and we're sticking them out of position and taking away all of the things they do well.

Have to disagree. We've just put in a great performance away at one of the strongest sides in the league. Bannan with a MOM display and a worldie, from the left. Dominated the previous 2 games and had it not been for poor finishing and a bit of bad luck, we would have won them both.

Not much wrong at the moment. Certainly not enough to warrant changing things imo.

Have to disagree. We've just put in a great performance away at one of the strongest sides in the league. Bannan with a MOM display and a worldie, from the left. Dominated the previous 2 games and had it not been for poor finishing and a bit of bad luck, we would have won them both.

Not much wrong at the moment. Certainly not enough to warrant changing things imo.

Two brilliant goalscorers that cant score when they play together...

Guest Fedor

Our hardest game in a while was Derby away, also our best performance in a while.

Carlos didn't trust Nuhiu to play a part. Funny that.

Same team again tomorrow.

Edited by Fedor

Two brilliant goalscorers that cant score when they play together...

Forestieri is still scoring goals. Still looking a threat in every game.

Hooper's gone off the boil and if anyone deserves to be replaced, it's him. Along with Mcgeady.

Bannan, Lee and Lopez are undroppable at the moment, FF is of course first name on teamsheet.

It'll be the same team as Derby but if it was down to me it'd be Joao and Matias in for Hooper/Mcgeady. 433/442/451 all covered with 1 team.

..........................Westwood

Hunt..........Loovens..........Lees........Pudil

Matias.......Lopez..............Lee.........Bannan

.................Hooper............Forestieri

Although that looks a rigid 4-4-2 on paper (computer screen) it won't be, FF will roam and Lee and Bannan will join in.

Matias will give us more of a goal threat than McGeady in my opinion.

Lopez will sit.

Hoping Hutch will be in with a sniff.

Our hardest game in a while was Derby away, also our best performance in a while.

Carlos didn't trust Nuhiu to play a part. Funny that.

Same team again tomorrow.

He would have been well out of his depth on that pitch and fair play to Carlos for not putting him on

I'd go with the same side or maybe switch ff out left and bring in joao

Cardiff have got some big players (especially if Immers is back and is leading the line for them) and are the sort of team Wednesday have had problems with this season.

They are susceptible to being hit on the break with pace.

If Carvalhal has done his homework he'll start with Joao and/or Helan (midfield).

If he goes with FF - Hooper up front I worry we'll create nothing and be a goal down by half time (again - especially as Wednesday don't deal with height particularly well)

Lopez has convinced me the last two games and I think we should start him ahead of Hutch even if fit as he still wont be quite up to speed yet. McGeady should start for me against a team that will have to come out and hopefully give us chances on the break and one v one situations.

Nuhiu is decent but for a game of this magnitude its just too much of a risk that a critical chance falls to him and he misses it. Not composed enough in front of goal unfortunately. Joao should get the nod in the second half ahead of him if we need a goal. 

Palmer should be in with a shout at RB as he is a better defender than Hunt imo.

Rest of the team picks itself.