Team v Cardiff

4-3-3, positive approach, and at them from the off.

Then keep on at em.

No prisoners approach.

Maybe, but the who would play the 2nd wide role in the front 3, ff wide, imo neither hooper or Joao are suited out wide.

Edited by zzmdu

People wanting nuhui to start in the most important game of the season have gotta be joking?

Only on OT, am I hearing lots of calls for Nuhiu to start.

I think it a mixture of the genuinelly deluded and those on the wind up.

3 league goals and recent poor performances & results when he starts, surely most on on the wind up.

Thankfully Carlos nows users Nuhiu as an impart sub and Manager Knows Best.

Only on OT, am I hearing lots of calls for Nuhiu to start.

I think it a mixture of the genuinelly deluded and those on the wind up.

3 league goals and recent poor performances & results when he starts, surely most on on the wind up.

Thankfully Carlos nows users Nuhiu as an impart sub and Manager Knows Best.

Happy to oblige on a snowy morning stuck in the house...

My heart sinks when I see the teamsheet with FF up with Hooper. We look completely toothless for the first half, then we have 45 minutes with a far better looking Plan B, but it is still only 45 minutes.

I totally agree with you and one or two similarly minded folk, on one point. Is FF a better attacking footballer than Joao or Nuhiu? YES BY LIGHT-YEARS. But here's where we differ. Does the team play better with FF alongside Hooper, or with Joao or Nuhiu alongside Hooper, and the answer is the latter.

Against Derby we looked really sound first half. They had slightly more pressure than we did, but neither team looked much like scoring.

Hooper is barely getting the sniff of a chance in the current set up.

I would love to see two things tomorrow. First, the teamsheet with either Joao or Nuhiu in it. Second, I would like to see real intense tempo from the first minute, not the 46th. Put these two things together and imo we have too much for a dodgy Cardiff side, trying to cope with immense pressure and 32000 fans.

Happy to oblige on a snowy morning stuck in the house...

My heart sinks when I see the teamsheet with FF up with Hooper. We look completely toothless for the first half, then we have 45 minutes with a far better looking Plan B, but it is still only 45 minutes.

I totally agree with you and one or two similarly minded folk, on one point. Is FF a better attacking footballer than Joao or Nuhiu? YES BY LIGHT-YEARS. But here's where we differ. Does the team play better with FF alongside Hooper, or with Joao or Nuhiu alongside Hooper, and the answer is the latter.

Against Derby we looked really sound first half. They had slightly more pressure than we did, but neither team looked much like scoring.

Hooper is barely getting the sniff of a chance in the current set up.

I would love to see two things tomorrow. First, the teamsheet with either Joao or Nuhiu in it. Second, I would like to see real intense tempo from the first minute, not the 46th. Put these two things together and imo we have too much for a dodgy Cardiff side, trying to cope with immense pressure and 32000 fans.

Do you think Nuhiu has the stamina to play from the start?

I would love to see two things tomorrow. First, the teamsheet with either Joao or Nuhiu in it. Second, I would like to see real intense tempo from the first minute, not the 46th. Put these two things together and imo we have too much for a dodgy Cardiff side

Those 2 things, and Bannan back in the middle, we'll get the job done, no doubt about it

Those 2 things, and Bannan back in the middle, we'll get the job done, no doubt about it

The problem is with starting with either Nuhiu or Joao is that:

1 is a Mardy bum, who will sulk around the pitch if things don't go his way

The other runs around for the 1st 15 minutes, and then is blowing of his aris for the rest

I will be surprised if its not the team that started against Derby as currently in my eyes that is our strongest side (injuries and form) agree with the sentiments this isn't a game for experimenting or trying players in different positions lets just stick with the team that started and played so well last time out. Playing this formation from the off allows us to have a nice compact defensive shape but also puts FF in a more advanced position on the break, against Bolton last week they looked all at sea against a team who broke against them quickly and Bolton could have and probably should have scored twice. We are all expecting Cardiff to come and play on the front foot right from the off tomorrow as they NEED the win. 

For those suggesting Lee should be played on the right hand side either at right back or right mid, whilst I agree that he can play there and did so when he first arrived at the club anyone who went to Bristol City will give testament to the fact that in the first half when he played there it simply didn't work and IMO he is now far more effective centrally than he ever was on the right hand side. Now this may have been due to the fact that Liam Palmer was playing behind him and is not as naturally forward thinking as Hunt but at this stage of the season and with quite a bit riding on the game tomorrow for both sides I would stick with what has worked for us this season. My only selection headache would be between McGeady or Matias, neither has exactly set the place alight but for continuities sake I would probably go with McGeady. For what it's worth here's my selection. 

Westwood 

Hunt Lee Loovens Pudil 

McGeady Lopez Lee Bannan

Hooper FF 

Subs 

Matias for Mcgeady. Straight swap. 

Lopez for Joao . Bannan to move in centrally FF wide left with Joao Hooper up top. 

Hooper for Nuhiu. (If result needs protecting, can even go 4,5,1 defensively with that slotting Joao on the left). 

Edited by matt_johno43

Do you think Nuhiu has the stamina to play from the start?

I think in most games where he has come on because we were flat, the combination of his effort and a rocket to all players from Carlos has transformed the team. It has lifted the crowd too.

This is a one-off, a cup final (yes I know we have a second chance, but Wolves away is a pretty dodgy safety net). Yes, Nuhiu has the stamina to start, but of course not to last anywhere near ninety minutes. 45 minutes or 60 minutes of Nuhiu at his rawest, followed by Joao giving it his all, roasting knackered and battered defenders.

Fernando and McGeady wide, with the ultra classy pairing of Lee and Superman in the middle, with Nuhiu at his fiercest alongside Hooper, will be too good for Cardiff.

The other runs around for the 1st 15 minutes, and then is blowing of his aris for the rest

I can't deny that if anything, Nuhiu is at his best coming off the bench

But the system at the moment is god awful, we have a bunch of quality players and we're sticking them out of position and taking away all of the things they do well.

The benefits to playing Nuhiu ( having Bannan in the middle and FF where he belongs on the left ) outweigh any negatives for me

I think in most games where he has come on because we were flat, the combination of his effort and a rocket to all players from Carlos has transformed the team. It has lifted the crowd too.

This is a one-off, a cup final (yes I know we have a second chance, but Wolves away is a pretty dodgy safety net). Yes, Nuhiu has the stamina to start, but of course not to last anywhere near ninety minutes. 45 minutes or 60 minutes of Nuhiu at his rawest, followed by Joao giving it his all, roasting knackered and battered defenders.

Fernando and McGeady wide, with the ultra classy pairing of Lee and Superman in the middle, with Nuhiu at his fiercest alongside Hooper, will be too good for Cardiff.

I disagree, I don't think Nuhiu can contribute enough for 45 minutes, and it's a risk starting him.The risk would pay off, if we try & blitz them from the off, & score an early goal. Not sure we need to gamble.

I hope FF starts  left, with H&J upfront, but suspect Carlos will stay with FF&H upfront.