The ideal scenario?

Guest Deleted member

We've got to be capable of breaking down a team that's just been relegated and at least testing the keeper.

If we play like we did last night at Derby, it could be embarrassing.

CC needs to really earn his coin in the next few weeks, regroup, re-motivate, decide on the best approach and implement it. I genuinely believe we can be promoted. But right now the doomsday scenario of non qualification is possible.

We've got to be capable of breaking down a team that's just been relegated and at least testing the keeper.

CC needs to really earn his coin in the next few weeks, regroup, re-motivate, decide on the best approach and implement it. I genuinely believe we can be promoted. But right now the doomsday scenario of non qualification is possible.

You'll know better than me, but I fear our slow starts (from what I've seen) could well count against us. 

On our better days we seem to take at least 20 minutes to get going and sometimes it takes until the second half before the players get their arses in gear. 

We might be able to get away with that against the lesser teams in this division, but you'd worry if we start at such a ponderous pace against any of the 5 teams above us. 

You're fvvcckking nicked!

Constable ShandyPants

Grammar Police

Gets more like a gathering of Victor Meldrews on here every week

Not really. 

Are we only allowed to pass comment if its super duper positive and upbeat? 

The team is having a bit of a wobble at the moment and people, quite understandably, are wondering what chance we have in the play offs...should we get into them.

I am, maybe slightly pessimistic I know, beginning to think that if we get there that will be lovely but that's the end of the rainbow for us

Those top 3 are just far better teams than us as a 14-16 point gap proves

The experience will be great though

I agree. 

We've made an awful lot of progress in a very short space of time. 

I'd be surprised if we are able to navigate the play offs to promotion, but then perhaps the players might play without pressure if we are able to wrap up 6th position. 

Well in 2005 we went into the play offs in very indifferent form. 

I know there's a chasm in terms of quality from then, but everything is relative to the time/division we were in. 

The most important thing is getting that 6th spot wrapped up. 

I can completely accept us failing in the play offs, but I think most of us would be pretty annoyed if were to blow the opportunity of getting into them, particular with the fact that we haven't been punished for those last three games. 

Edited by SiJ

Beat Derby, we're in the play offs.

Beat Wolves, we're in the play offs.

Draw or beat Cardiff, we're in the play offs.

Draw to all 3, we're in the play offs.

I think we'll make it fairly easily in our current position, but we need to get back on form before the play offs actually start otherwise we'll get steamrollered by the form teams. It does make a difference going in on a 3 game winning streak rather than something less impressive.

Tonight's draw for Boro means it's going down to the wire for Boro and Brighton no matter what Brighton do tomorrow, whilst if we do the business tomorrow we can start preparing.

2 questions.....

1) How Much of an advantage is it to us that they're both going to have to give it everything until the last kick, and one team will be pretty demoralised

2) Should Carlos take in the Boro v Brighton game and leave Bully and Co to look after our potential 'dead rubber' at Wolves?

Tonight's draw for Boro means it's going down to the wire for Boro and Brighton no matter what Brighton do tomorrow, whilst if we do the business tomorrow we can start preparing.

2 questions.....

1) How Much of an advantage is it to us that they're both going to have to give it everything until the last kick, and one team will be pretty demoralised

2) Should Carlos take in the Boro v Brighton game and leave Bully and Co to look after our potential 'dead rubber' at Wolves?

One game at a time eh mate ?

This is a question for Sunday morning when (hopefully) most on here will be suffering hangovers..

I've said all along I reckon we'd beat Middlesbrough over two legs, they would have expected automatic at the start of the season so to finish 3rd on the final day, all the pressure would be on them in play offs and none on us!

Don't want to play Brighton or Burnley,I think they would be too good for us!

Guest Deleted member

Anything can happen in what are essentially cup ties.

Who would have thought we would muller Arsenal

Ideally, we win today, and Brighton lose at home to Derby. They go to Boro needing a win and are a goal up with seconds to play. Boro break away and Brighton's best defender chops down Rhodes. Red card, penalty 1-1 result, and suspension.

At final whistle, Boro take the P, Brighton take offence, bit of fisticuffs and another red, for Knockeart(sp?).

Driving back down to Brighton, they stop for a meal. Next day entire team is suffering with food poisoning.

Guest Deleted member

Ideally, we win today, and Brighton lose at home to Derby. They go to Boro needing a win and are a goal up with seconds to play. Boro break away and Brighton's best defender chops down Rhodes. Red card, penalty 1-1 result, and suspension.

At final whistle, Boro take the P, Brighton take offence, bit of fisticuffs and another red, for Knockeart(sp?).

Driving back down to Brighton, they stop for a meal. Next day entire team is suffering with food poisoning.

I like this scenario