What more do people want?

I think 21k when prices start at 36 quid on the kop is brilliant. What more do people want? I know what I want, silly threads like this to be banned. We won , we are doing great. Stop blithering on about attendances

Agree, based on the price the attendance is excellent.

But that is the point, price shouldn't be a factor.

Based on your argument how about increasing prices to £60 a match, then 12,000 would be excellent

Or how about charging £100 a match, for some people £100 is nothing, easily affordable and great value, then you can be saying how 5,000 average gates are excellent.

That's the crying shame and a serious issue when 1000's are priced out.

Top of the recent form table, fifth spot and five points clear of seventh place, playing some really good stuff, scored more than anyone else in the division and so many "class" goals, a serious promotion push, winning easily yesterday without really breaking sweat and stil......less than 21k attendance and the place like a morgue.

I really don't buy the prices arguement, we've had offers etc. and they have made little difference....so why then are there still so many "stay aways"? There are plenty of 'em on here, why aren't you making an effort occasionally? and why is the place so damned quiet?

As I said in the title, What more do people want?

Cheaper ticket prices, some people simply can not justify the £17 a game I have scrimpt and saved to secure my ticket for the next 3 years.

I'd get some new batteries for your hearing aids if I was you.

Actually do wear them...new batteries went in yesterday morning.....suspect you might actually know me then.

Row 26 behind goal...the atmosphere you talk about wasn't evident there.

It's either the prices are too expensive for your casual, walk up Wednesday fan, or the casual, walk up Wednesday fan hates seeing good football and winning games, and would prefer to go back to watching the dross they watched when Dave Allen run the show.

Which one do you think it is?

lol good post mate some people still can't seem to get it.

Out of curiosity how much was it for kids yesterday?

I know it's easy for me to say, I've recently renewed my season ticket I know what I will be paying for the next 3 years. The offers are there to be had, if we achieve promotion this season the people who moan about the walk up prices now will have little bit more to moan about.

They will, but that is not something the club want for their fanbase, surely?

I'll continue to buy a membership and pay the match day prices for the dozen or so home games I can attend each season, but I know plenty of fans who are being priced out or who refuse to pay the prices as a matter of principle.

I was talking to a season ticket holder yesterday who, due to family circumstances beyond her control, has made the very difficult decision not to renew her ticket after years of attending Hillsborough. She was asking how much a pay-on-the-day ticket would have cost yesterday, and was horrified when I told her it would have been £43 in the South - in her words, there's 'no way' she would pay that. After years of following Wednesday week in, week out, she just wants to be able to attend fewer games without feeling like she's being taken to the cleaners by the club she has supported through thick and thin. I really hope next season's ticket prices allow her to do so.

How many times does the same question get asked in different variations??? lol

It will keep getting asked until someone listens to why people are not going. Although the people not going are making poo poo up and are doing it to be nobs lol

Couldn't make it up

Not sure anyone is saying that. The top category games are too expensive - what I don't get is taking the moral high ground when prices are more reasonable. Show the Club how wrong they are and that might force their hand. I am all for sticking up for your principles until you realise you are in fact damaging your own enjoyment and watching Wednesday is that at the moment

36.00 in the cheapest stand is absolute crap.

The team might be the best team we've had in fifteen years, but they're a good Championship team - not a Champions League team.

All this true fan rounduns.

Berate those who don't attend, tell them that they're crap fans, mock their inability to afford going, then moan again about why people don't go.

Absolutely pathetic.

The ticket prices are bad, but it's the attitude of some of the fans which is more concerning.

Even better in this thread we have the op slagging off the atmosphere created by his fellow true fans.

Is it just to do with the fact that some people have to moan about something?

The team are pretty good at the moment, so let's start a thread every week about the stay away fans.

Not sure anyone is saying that. The top category games are too expensive - what I don't get is taking the moral high ground when prices are more reasonable. Show the Club how wrong they are and that might force their hand. I am all for sticking up for your principles until you realise you are in fact damaging your own enjoyment and watching Wednesday is that at the moment[/quote

Yea thy have loads have said it in plenty of threads I have read at least two posts before page 2 on this one!!!!

Yeah ok I will sacrifice my principals and over pay massively to enjoy what is better football than the poo poo I was served up for 20 years. I'm not right mate but even the offer games are still £75 before travel and food and drinks. ( watch the crowd shout eat before you go!!! Yep try that with 3 young kids). No thanks it's too much!!!

So Then what do I also have to ruin my kids weekends by hanging around not planning to do things with them just in case there is a offer for a match that makes it reasonable?

It isn't hard fair pricing especially for kids( the future of our club). And also transparency so we know when the offers will be.

Come on why is it so hard it really shouldn't be it can be sorted if the club want too

Edited by kidc77

Stoke freezing prices for the 9th successive season.

Wow.

Great article by Oliver Kay in The Times yesterday about Stoke chairman peter Coates saying the No. 1 priority is "doing as well as we possibly can for our fans".   Traditional values, social cohesion, roots, history, community etc etc, all of which I agree with.  It all sounds great but it makes no mention of Coates making 100's of millions from working class people being continually bombarded by adverts for his internet betting.

Not only have Stoke had gazillions from Sky but you could argue they have a massive income stream from gullible working class fans of other clubs gambling!

Mr Chansiri is investing but you can't compare us to Stoke City in the PL.

2 pages further on in The Times is a much poorer article about football prices.  The photograph is of Atdhe Nuhiu and the immediate caption is "Wednesday supporters have been asked to fork out £52 in A matches (plural) this season".    It says the most expensive ticket is us with £52 and the cheapest is Derby/Reading/ Hudds at £10.   All totally misleading AND untrue, but to even inroduce a £52 ticket (albeit, never used) was a PR mistake.

Mr. Chansiri knows the pricing is wrong, and I believe he is addressing it, but he believes "we must embark on thsi journey together" and I agree, we must pay our "fair" share.. £36 yesterday was not, in my opinion, fair.   £25 would have been.

I think the prcing should be much simpler, and under 21 tickets should be MUCH cheaper.  

Season tickets should be on sale from 1st March until the end of the season at 10% more than last month with the 2 and 3 year deal still on too.  

Over 20,000 home fans at those prices v brentford was a good crowd, and the atmospehere was OK.

People are stuck in the past

Things go up

I'm not made of money, I have a family, a mortgage, bills, the wife only works part time etc

But I find a way because it's my contribution to the swfc pot

People need to stop moaning about prices

People dont need to make an effort.

Watching Wednesday is something you do or you don't.

Its not like people think hmm I should really go to watch them today. Its not like cutting the grass lol

If people dont go it's for a reason. And the reason is probably money more than anything else.

I think these 5 or 10 game? tickets will help.

They'll keep the price down and people will go because they already paid.

36.00 in the cheapest stand is absolute crap.

The team might be the best team we've had in fifteen years, but they're a good Championship team - not a Champions League team.

All this true fan rounduns.

Berate those who don't attend, tell them that they're crap fans, mock their inability to afford going, then moan again about why people don't go.

Absolutely pathetic.

The ticket prices are bad, but it's the attitude of some of the fans which is more concerning.

Even better in this thread we have the op slagging off the atmosphere created by his fellow true fans.

Is it just to do with the fact that some people have to moan about something?

The team are pretty good at the moment, so let's start a thread every week about the stay away fans.

Another post that's bang on the money. It will be ignored though and people will continue to berate the fickle fans and complain about crowds and ask wtf is wrong.

Just pay up yada yada rinse and repeat

Edited by kidc77

Not sure anyone is saying that. The top category games are too expensive - what I don't get is taking the moral high ground when prices are more reasonable. Show the Club how wrong they are and that might force their hand. I am all for sticking up for your principles until you realise you are in fact damaging your own enjoyment and watching Wednesday is that at the moment

Prices were reasonable against Arsenal. What was the attendance?