What more do people want?

It's obviously the prices. Not sure how many different ways it can be said.

I was in Sheffield anyway this weekend and would have gone with my dad and brought my wife along too if it had been reasonably priced. There is no way my dad would even consider paying more than £30 even if I thought it was reasonable. So I would be wasting valuable visiting time going on my own.

As has already been suggested, you'll have a hard time persuading any non-football fans/non SWFC fans to come along with you at those prices either, so you can't grow the fanbase beyond the existing fans.

The 'quality of football', the opposition, the results, the amount of money Chansiri has invested in achieving the massive returns associated with promotion - these things are all pretty irrelevant in terms of affecting attendences. It's all about price.

so you are saying you would like last seasons brand of football and prices, I think you should get yourself down too Hillsborough a little more often then you will realise there is something special going on, and it's worth every penny. UTO

There was an audible "disappointed murmur" from the crowd in the stadium when it was put up on the scoreboard.

Atmosphere was alright on the Kop until about the 70th minute but that was more because it was like watching a training session. Job was done

What should the club do - well for next season I have made a suggestion in another thread that seems to be deemed ok. For this well the QPR game is a decent price but I suspect the usual complaint will be it's a Tuesday night against mundane opposition. But seriously for the stay at home group if you really want the Club to understand there is a huge number of fans who are priced out then you really need to be there. Not saying that in an aggressive way more a suggestive way. Show the Club the demand is there but more importantly there is a good chance you might see a decent game and some cracking players on show.

I can understand the annoyance at the top category prices but don't cut your nose off to spite your face for a better priced game. Don't worry about who the opposition are you are there to watch one of the best Wednesday sides in 20 years

I'd love to be able to take advantage of the cheaper midweek prices, but unfortunately work commitments mean that I can only make it on a Tuesday once in a blue moon (I've only managed Mansfield, Oxford and Arsenal so far this season). I was very keen to go to the QPR match, but a meeting has put paid to that idea. As it is, I'm stuck paying the Saturday prices, and I imagine there are many in a similar situation for various reasons.

If the club make a Saturday kickoff available at similar prices to the Tuesday night offers, and advertise it properly, then we're far more likely to see the effect that cheaper tickets could have on crowd numbers. As I said earlier in the thread - so far, there hasn't been a single Saturday match available for less than £30 pay-on-the-day.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

You could say that about any team in any final, all of a sudden teams find an extra 10-20,000 "loyal" supporters.

The difference with Derby and Boro are they are one team cities. Take into account the pigs attendance every other week of "20,000+" ( WTF: ) and Presto....we have 40,000 every home game.

if we added the pigs attendance it'd be an extra 10k ish cos about 5000 tickets are freebies handed out and the others sneak in with a £5 kids ticket

I'd love to be able to take advantage of the cheaper midweek prices, but unfortunately work commitments mean that I can only make it on a Tuesday once in a blue moon (I've only managed Mansfield, Oxford and Arsenal so far this season). I was very keen to go to the QPR match, but a meeting has put paid to that idea. As it is, I'm stuck paying the Saturday prices, and I imagine there are many in a similar situation for various reasons.

If the club make a Saturday kickoff available at similar prices to the Tuesday night offers, and advertise it properly, then we're far more likely to see the effect that cheaper tickets could have on crowd numbers. As I said earlier in the thread - so far, there hasn't been a single Saturday match available for less than £30 pay-on-the-day.

get yourself a membership. UTO

I accept part of your argument but will contend 2 points.

The Championship is the 2nd tier of English football but the standard of play is on a par with most top leagues around Europe. We see players that in a different era would have been in the top league. Look at the roll of names, big city clubs. The derision of 2nd division football is totally misplaced

Secondly who cares who the opposition are for a league game. Personally I am there to see Wednesday play and fantastic Wednesday players

The second tier of English football is the 2nd Division.

Just because Brian Mulwhinney rebranded it as the "Championship" doesn't make it some stand alone Division.

2nd Division isn't pejorative or derisory. It's exactly what it says it is - Second Division. Ergo it's not top flight/Premiership/1st Division.

It should be charged accordingly. I'll continue to call it what it is - 2nd Division. The Club can justify their prices against that yard stick.

What more do people want? They've been saying all season they want more competitively priced pay on the day tickets. Just because people can't accept or don't understand that doesn't mean it isn't the reason.

For example, a few times this year I have considered turning up at the last minute. A search for the matchday prices has put paid to that idea.

Instead I've got a season ticket for next year that works out at under £20 game. More than happy with that. But I still won't be going to any this season at £30 or above.

I totally accept the category pricing is wrong. I sit amongst the same group of mates / season ticket holders and there is an eyebrow raised each week over the POTG on the Kop.

The QPR game is a decent price. The Rotherham game despite previous views is not as bad as it could be, the Charlton game I would love to see a real drive to price that to get 28k minimum in the stadium.

That would in fact take us to April calendar wise and see where we are in the league

The second tier of English football is the 2nd Division.

Just because Brian Mulwhinney rebranded it as the "Championship" doesn't make it some stand alone Division.

2nd Division isn't pejorative or derisory. It's exactly what it says it is - Second Division. Ergo it's not top flight/Premiership/1st Division.

It should be charged accordingly. I'll continue to call it what it is - 2nd Division. The Club can justify their prices against that yard stick.

Just out of interest I wonder what the price differential was between Division 1 and Division 2 in the past. I don't recall prices reducing in 1990 when we got relegated or indeed hugely increasing in 91 when we got promoted.

I won't argue that the top category prices are ridiculous but the next 3 games will be decent prices. I highly suggest you take advantage and enjoy watching this team and temporarily leave the £43 issue in a box

I think 20,000 fans against Brentford represents an up turn.

There's no doubt if the prices were closer to last season we'd be looking at 25,000.

As has been said, we don't have big TV money deals, we have a chairman who needs to drive up non-TV revenues to enact his plan AND wants fans to buy in with him.

I suspect he was ill-advised though. But it's done now and those that can should enjoy the ride.

Where was this buzz you speak off? It was that quiet, the only buzz I could hear was the blokes phone two rows in front of me. It was like a Tuesday night atmosphere.

As for the OP, it looked like there was a couple of thousand more home fans than usual. The poor away following didn't do the official figure any good.

I sit in T1 on the kop, it was buzzing where we were, everybody was happy

Out of interest where do you sit

I've got one. It doesn't change the fact that the cheaper games are on Tuesday nights, though.

If the club want to attract more stay-away fans, they could do with addressing this.

As above I would really like the Club to see the Charlton game in mid March as a real opportunity to get fans in. If nothing else there are I think 4 home games in April that could be make or break for automatic promotion. Remind them what they are missing

Just out of interest I wonder what the price differential was between Division 1 and Division 2 in the past. I don't recall prices reducing in 1990 when we got relegated or indeed hugely increasing in 91 when we got promoted.

I won't argue that the top category prices are ridiculous but the next 3 games will be decent prices. I highly suggest you take advantage and enjoy watching this team and temporarily leave the £43 issue in a box

Thanks.

I'm coming over to Sheffield this week - I've promised to visit my Mother and Father. My visit won't be coincided with a walk down to the ground - as was my usual habit.

Light traffic - there and back in daylight.

I'm quite happy with my stance. I'm not buying into this new pricing structure this season - the die was cast, as you well know, with £46:00 against Bristol. That was absolutely disgraceful IMO.

Any come "back offers" have to be permanent for me. Not some £20:00 on an arbitrary Tuesday night.

I'm not one of Pavlov's dogs - I go when I went, not when the Club decides to ring my bell.

Championship branding and Corporate pricing structures - welcome to Hillsborough.

That's 3/10 matches.

You see a lot of blue moons...

I thought about coming yesterday but the fact it was firkin freezing put me off (I do have an 8 hour round trip to get there, if I lived round the corner I would have gone regardless).

My son finished his little league at about 10.30 and we were talking about coming up for the game as we could have just about made it. I didn't know how much the tickets were, it didn't really occur to me (not because I'm loaded but because its a proper effort for some of us to get to matches).

Would have had to rush home, rush him in and out of the shower, floor it all the way to Sheffield, desperately find somewhere to park at 2.55, straight into the match and then straight home to get back by 9. If I hit a bit of traffic, it would have all been for nothing.

I am not defending it, just saying that there is always more than one reason people don't come. I wouldn't have been there yesterday if it was free.

How many times does the same question get asked in different variations??? lol

It will keep getting asked until someone listens to why people are not going. Although the people not going are making poo poo up and are doing it to be nobs lol

Couldn't make it up

I've got one. It doesn't change the fact that the cheaper games are on Tuesday nights, though.

If the club want to attract more stay-away fans, they could do with addressing this.

I know it's easy for me to say, I've recently renewed my season ticket I know what I will be paying for the next 3 years. The offers are there to be had, if we achieve promotion this season the people who moan about the walk up prices now will have little bit more to moan about.