Do our fans understand modern football?

Dont think today was pretty or indeed entertaining as mentioned earlier totally agree the sending off ended it as a competition tho correct decision . But very clinical professional and effective . Ill take that at this time of the season and ive seen us struggle so many times against ten men so well done lads .

Isn't great how people post that those who shout "gerrit forward" are clueless and yet Hoopers goal was classic "gerrit forward".... Did you all boo that?......I'll tell you something else.....I sat in the lower south today for a change and there was no one moaning more today than Carlos....always at it, mainly for us not getting it wide left enough

Fact is there's no right and wrong way of playing the game.....if you score more than the opposition you've played it right, it's as simple as that.....today was a classic example of plenty of long stuff and plenty of short so everyone has lots to be happy about and lots to moan about

Isn't great how people post that those who shout "gerrit forward" are clueless and yet Hoopers goal was classic "gerrit forward".... Did you all boo that?......I'll tell you something else.....I sat in the lower south today for a change and there was no one moaning more today than Carlos....always at it, mainly for us not getting it wide left enough

Fact is there's no right and wrong way of playing the game.....if you score more than the opposition you've played it right, it's as simple as that.....today was a classic example of plenty of long stuff and plenty of short so everyone has lots to be happy about and lots to moan about

Good post

Yep, there really are some morons at matches these days. When starting a second half 3-0 up against 10 men, the onus really isn't on us to "attack, attack, attack" as some idiots shout. Keep possession, use the width, tire the opposition and hit on the break when appropriate. They key aspect is to deny your opponent a route back into the game, however slim that possibility may be, I think I'll trust in Carlos.

Two things here:

Name a football club in the world that doesn't at least one voice of content regardless

Secondly, teams are never gonna be perfect for 90 mins and people are gonna voice discontent at a mistake. It's nothing malicious or toxic just a bit of a moan. Not as if people are booing

Two things here:

Name a football club in the world that doesn't at least one voice of content regardless

Secondly, teams are never gonna be perfect for 90 mins and people are gonna voice discontent at a mistake. It's nothing malicious or toxic just a bit of a moan. Not as if people are booing

This. Great result today overall and happy, but it wasn't perfect and thankfully for us Carlos always aims for improvement upon improvement. Edited by modboy

I would say about 55-60% thicksters. They still have a place at the table and get enjoyment out of the exciting stuff. Game management techniques are mundane for them but if you want to sit at the top table they are oh so vital.

Couldn't believe the moaning of the malcontents though on about 82 minutes as we were taking a break passing the ball around.

amazing that 55-60% are thicko´s and yet not one on this thread admits to being one ........

I didn't hear any moaning or complaining at all, I must sit in the intellectual section.

But people moaning on here that we didn't go flat out in the second half - do you actually watch football regularly? It happens a lot when a team has a healthy half time lead, most teams in that position take it easy and play safe after the break.

I don't care about the "game management" (where the hell has that phrase come from?). All I wanna see primarily is swfc winning, and secondly be entertained. Remember how we were relentless against Leeds in THAT game or Leicester were against city last weekend

Realist. I can't quote you directly for some reason - must be some problem with my settings on laptop.

Anyway, yes I admit the 2nd half was a little dour. However, that was what Carlos would describe as Game Management. Remain in 2nd gear, keeping the ball, tiring the 10 men, keeping our lead but never over committing going forward to remove any possibility of our opponents getting a goal and turning the game.

CC is ruthless and utterly professional. I remember the Owls going 3-1 up away at Derby in injury time. We drew 3-3 and were subsequently relegated from the prem.

That's the difference and I for one can take a "dour" 2nd half if it gets us where we want to be, and I might add, where I think we are going