Nuhiu

This week alone, Hunt says he is awesome, FF says he is awesome, and Hooper says he is awesome. But no, you are right.

dont think any of them said that and certainly not unprompted......be interesting if you can find me any quotes, of any player anywhere saying that one of their team mates isn't very good.....naive fool

dont think any of them said that and certainly not unprompted......be interesting if you can find me any quotes, of any player anywhere saying that one of their team mates isn't very good.....naive fool

You dont think Hooper enjoys playing with Nuhiu then?

You dont think Hooper enjoys playing with Nuhiu then?

i think he enjoys playing full stop....I doubt he enjoys playing with anyone more than anyone else but even if he didn't he's not likely to announce it to all and sundry Edited by Ian

Every time someone says Nuhui should be dropped for not scoring enough goals they expose themselves as a simpleton with a poor grasp of the tactics of team play.  Do you think CC plays him nearly every game because he likes looking at his beard?

Heck, we just re-signed the man.  If you think CC is fool then just come out and say it. 

Let the doubters doubt. I have no doubt about Nuhiu. I believe we have better forwards than him in Hooper and Forestieri but when Nuhiu plays he brings a different dimension to the team - his contribution is nearly always positive and effective. Would I like him to score more? Of course I would. Do I think his inclusion in the team enables positive play and others to score? Hell yes!

Anyone that thinks that Nuhiu's inclusion in the team is to the detriment of the side needs to have a chat with Carlos; that ain't going to happen though. My guess however, is that even if Carlos put forward to most convincing argument for Nuhiu (other than the obvious argument of us being in fifth place at the moment) it still wouldn't be accepted by some OwlsTalkers.

The contribution arguement is an interesting one......if the England cricket team were continually winning games by 5 runs and the number 3 batsman was getting between 6 and 9 every game plus being a decent fielder, would he continue to be picked on the grounds that "without his runs we'd have lost" or would you replace him with a player who could score significantly more runs......would you wait until the lack of runs cost the game or anticipate that one day it would and replace him before it did

You mean like would we play someone that makes the team better or someone that's a better individual player. If only there was a similar instance to use as an example. Let me sit back with a bag of KP nuts while I try and think of one...

While I do that my argument is this: if big Dave scored more, was more mobile, or could head better (as many would love) he'd have been called Andy Carrol and cost 20-50million rather than being free. As it is, with limitations he's a decent individual contributing to a great team!

If Nuhiu scored 20 goals a season as well as the effort he puts in for the team each game, he'd be worth 30 million plus and would be playing in the Premiership or La Liga. It's that simple. Get off his back and accept him for what he is. I'd sooner have 1 Nuhiu than 100 Bothroyds !

Hadn't read this, but my point exactly in my last post. Sometimes you can't buy the best strikers in the world, but let's enjoy what we have and what he adds rather than what we don't have and what he doesn't have.

The contribution arguement is an interesting one......if the England cricket team were continually winning games by 5 runs and the number 3 batsman was getting between 6 and 9 every game plus being a decent fielder, would he continue to be picked on the grounds that "without his runs we'd have lost" or would you replace him with a player who could score significantly more runs......would you wait until the lack of runs cost the game or anticipate that one day it would and replace him before it did

Not an entirely fair comparison as cricket [batting] is an individual game and football isn't.

Not an entirely fair comparison as cricket [batting] is an individual game and football isn't.

Still examples in the past are there where individuals dropped in favour of lesser talent to advance the team.

Kevin Peterson is far superior to the player he is dropped for, yet the team is better without KP.

It's simple really, you do what's right for the team!