Safe standing

Thought that was the case.

Your comments show you know nothing about save standing. Also it seems from your other comments you haven't been to a match for years. No one wants the standing as it was in the 80's. Also no one wants the behaviour from the 80's but as the poster said you can't continue living in the past.

When people become more and more educated then it's inevitable save standing will be the norm in 5 to 10 years.

Just to reiterate not sure why my comments show you I haven't been to games in years unless your talking about my reference to how fans behave in standing areas? It wasn't that long ago we were in league 1 at some of those grounds where it was very much like the old days

I remember a surge that separated me from my dad resulting in me being pushed up against a rail, I was terrified. No thanks, not going back there.

broke my ribs at Wolves away in the 90s (in the days of Stevie Bull), was terrifying that feeling of not being able to move and getting crushed against the barriers.

Lot of talk about season ticket sales at the moment!.... Think we should move on from the past now and develop the bottom half of the kop into the safest standing area in Europe! I'm convinced it would generate more season ticket sales!....I for one would buy one!

SYP would never allow it, and the elf and safety jobsworths would have steam coming out of their ears 

In my opinion i don't think their could be better way to respect the 96 than creating a place where an atmosphere can be created safely

Don't take this the wrong way mate because it isn't aimed at you but what we think and what the families and friends of those dead fans think will differ slightly

It wont be buy a ticket and stand anywhere or look to see where your mates are and go and stand with them...you get allocated a row and a space to stand...its not much different to any wednesday away game tbh

Exactly mate, exactly. Pay a fortune to rip seats out to put those rows of slim seats in with the crush barriers on the back and it's pretty much the same as on the Kop with fans standing in front of their seat. I think people genuinely think when "safe standing" is mentioned that the old terraces are all over Europe in a smaller better manner. Not the case at all. Honestly don't see the point in it. Waste of money.

Exactly mate, exactly. Pay a fortune to rip seats out to put those rows of slim seats in with the crush barriers on the back and it's pretty much the same as on the Kop with fans standing in front of their seat. I think people genuinely think when "safe standing" is mentioned that the old terraces are all over Europe in a smaller better manner. Not the case at all. Honestly don't see the point in it. Waste of money.

Another uninformed poster.

It won't be anything like the old terraces. That's gone and in the past never to return.

What is being mentioned is the standing and atmosphere as it is in the German league.

Since safe standing has been introduced there the atmosphere has drastically increased. Although they encourage plenty of away fans, free travel, cheap tickets, cheap beer and food inside the ground. We could learn a lot from the Gernan league.

Or maybe the English just aren't able to create an atmosphere like the Germans?

It won't be anything like the old terraces. That's gone and in the past never to return.

What is being mentioned is the standing and atmosphere as it is in the German league.

Since safe standing has been introduced there the atmosphere has drastically increased. Although they encourage plenty of away fans, free travel, cheap tickets, cheap beer and food inside the ground. We could learn a lot from the Gernan league.

Full of compliments and assumptions aren't you?

How many games do you attend in Germany by the way? Are you a regular at different German grounds?

Now read it again. Did I say that people think it will be like the old terraces but it won't be? Yes I did. Now apologise. Edited by Guest

A Scenario that happenend at the hillsborough disaster wouldn't happen with the way the standing is set up, Germany is a fine example of safe standing done well. However I have doubts it will ever come to Hillsborough which is a real shame.

Edited by ThomasSWFC

Rail seating is far safer than current seating if supporters stand during the game.

Rail seating is designed to stop people being able to fall/surge/push into the row in front. Current seating doesn't prevent this.

The only thing that can possibly lead people to believe this is a bad idea in areas where fans stand anyway is simple ignorance of the facts.

I'm not disagreeing but, why? Based on what? Fans who like to traditionally stand and sing already do so, as the current seating allows this to happen, though many clubs don't actually allow it to happen it still does. So what would a different type of seating behind the fan stood up actually change? Still penned into rows, still stuck to a seat number, can't walk around. Why would that improve the atmosphere?

If ten rows stood all game in the current seating arrangement and there was a back row push/fall there would be a crush/domino effect. This rail seating is a lot better for atmosphere and safety.

If ten rows stood all game in the current seating arrangement and there was a back row push/fall there would be a crush/domino effect. This rail seating is a lot better for atmosphere and safety.

This is true. Very true indeed.