Safe standing

Lot of talk about season ticket sales at the moment!.... Think we should move on from the past now and develop the bottom half of the kop into the safest standing area in Europe! I'm convinced it would generate more season ticket sales!....I for one would buy one!

This will never ever ever happen at Hillsborough. Liverpool would kick up a stink![/quote

Absolutely agree. Considering they make such a fuss about standing at grounds they're never seated on their Kop.

Really wish we could have safe standing at S6, but we'd be the last ground to get it.

It would be good if standing was allowed back at football matches in this country. Uefa matches have to be played in an all seater stadium so clubs in germany came up with various ways of incorparating safe standing facilities. I believe the rail seats enable someone to stand but have a fold away seat to enable people to sit if need be. Would be good to see all clubs across england come together and put forward a plan to allow safe standing at matches and as long as they meet the uefa criteria.

I was always disappointed at no standing areas a few years back but understood why it happened. I recently watched a couple of documentaries about the disaster last week and it kind of reinforced the reasoning for not having standing for me.

I think the nostalgia of standing was a bit like having a old as spectrum and wanting it again once you get it and put it on you realise just how poo poo it actually is now.

I won't miss the people shoving you around pissed up into posts or shoving you down the steps as they create some stupid surge. Long gone are them days and keep them there imo

As I say, time to move on! For me Hillsborough would not be worst place to bring football back to the fans to create proper atmosphere! Wouldn't be disrespectful to create a safe model for others to maybe follow at the ground where the tragedy happened!? This is posted with humility and respect for what happened and I understand how controversial it would be but sometimes bold statements need to be made to allow good to come from bad!

As I say, time to move on! For me Hillsborough would not be worst place to bring football back to the fans to create proper atmosphere! Wouldn't be disrespectful to create a safe model for others to maybe follow at the ground where the tragedy happened!? This is posted with humility and respect for what happened and I understand how controversial it would be but sometimes bold statements need to be made to allow good to come from bad!

Doesn't matter how much you want to move on 

If one of my family members had died at a football match and i was then systematically lied for over 2 decades i wouldn't be moving on neither 

The people that decide these things aren't Wednesdayites nor is it the club 

Hillsborough will be the last stadium on the planet that standing for fans is re-introduced 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Things do move on though, rightly people should never forget, but it is time to move on. Many many thousands of fans, I believe would love to stand in a modern, safe environment! The atmosphere in most grounds has been crap in comparison to when fans could stand!

Hillsborough IS absolutely the place to introduce this.

Build a new West Stand, split both the upper and lower tiers in half for home and away fans, with lower tier safe standing.

Regardless of the political considerations, how big is the new west stand to accommodate all that plus the SYP's 11 mile segregation zone?

I remember a surge that separated me from my dad resulting in me being pushed up against a rail, I was terrified. No thanks, not going back there.

Edited by Guest

Eventually we may get safe standing back at English grounds, including Hillsborough, but one things for sure, until the enquiry and the legal aftermath has been settled I can't see anything happening, including the redevelopment of the West Stand.

If standing was reintroduced it would not have crash barriers or anything similar therefore the crushing and swaying we had in the past would just not happen. We have to move forward and stop reflecting on the past. If safe standing is the answer to bringing back the atmosphere then I for one am all for it.

If standing was reintroduced it would not have crash barriers or anything similar therefore the crushing and swaying we had in the past would just not happen. We have to move forward and stop reflecting on the past. If safe standing is the answer to bringing back the atmosphere then I for one am all for it.

exactly this!

If Celtic have safe standing what do they do when playing in Europe? Close the standing and shift all the season ticket holders from that area to other seats? Would they not lose out by having to keep spare seats just for this? Weird.