Ian Holloway

''Sheffield Wednesday v Brentford, Saturday 3pm

Sheffield Wednesday are in the hunt for automatic promotion now. Absolutely.

I'd be stunned if they don't make the play-offs at least. In fact, I think they're nailed on for a top-six finish.

I'm especially delighted for the Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal, who conducts himself impeccably and has got his team playing a very attractive style of football. They've already scored two more goals than they managed in the whole of last season!

The crowd are loving it as this type of challenge wasn't to be expected - playing without expectation will be a huge advantage over some of the other teams in the promotion race. They've got a free shot at it this year. 

I can easily see them winning here, but I'm backing goals as this style of play always leaves the door open for the opposition.''

OLLIE PREDICTS: 3-2 (Sky Bet odds 22/1)

Love what he's said here about us. Think he's absolutely spot on when he talks about our advantage over others in regards to pressure. This is our first season challenging for promotion, it is a free shot when you compare us to Boro and Derby who have been trying to claw out this league for a while now. Especially Derby. Even Brighton had a couple of go's at it before having to sell off Ulloa and a few others. Then there's Hull and Burnley who have the PL parachute payments and there's always pressure to go straight back up.

Edited by FlyingOwl

I agree about a top six finish but I cannot see 'boro and Hull dropping enough points for us to catch them

Derby were 2nd this time last season, scoring poo poo loads and flying. Watford were 6th on the same points as us.

It's unlikely. But...it can happen. 

We just need to look after ourselves & whatever else happens....happens.

I believe that the current top six will be the final top six. The order will change though.

Edited by FlyingOwl

I agree about a top six finish but I cannot see 'boro and Hull dropping enough points for us to catch them

They might drop the points, it's whether we can sustain the type of form that would see us overtake them

Personally I think it's a bit too far, we'd have to go on a monster run, not just unbeaten, but a winning run

Not impossible though

Edited by Lee A

I can see Hull bottling it, especially if we take 3 points off them later this month .

Boro getting a bit dry goals wise. Rhodes scored on Tuesday so if he goes on to be the Jordan Rhodes will all know and dread...they'll win the league. Hull rely a lot on the goals of Hernandez, if he was to hit a dry spell of get injured....they're un-workable I think.

Forestieri been a bit quiet on the goals front for us but then we have Hooper who's picked up his slack. And the opposite will happen if Hooper becomes a bit quiet. It's just our defence that worries me.

Burnley are probably my tip to finish 2nd rather than Hull or us. Think they've got a very balanced solid squad. 

Does anyone genuinely believe in their bones yet that we're going up? I'm kinda scared at the thought of what that will feel like, to have such hope again for the team I love after the last 15 years, I know a lot of younger fans celebrated our promotions from League 1 but in all honesty they didn't mean that much to me, more like the end of a passage of embarrassment.

Its scary to start thinking promotion.

It is actually terrifying me. More to the point, the thought of losing in the play offs would ruin my summer.

Don't know how United fans have coped with all their play off disappointment. We've not even lost yet and I'm searching for the anti-depressants. 

Does anyone genuinely believe in their bones yet that we're going up? I'm kinda scared at the thought of what that will feel like, to have such hope again for the team I love after the last 15 years, I know a lot of younger fans celebrated our promotions from League 1 but in all honesty they didn't mean that much to me, more like the end of a passage of embarrassment.

Some days I do; Some days I don't.

The fact that I am the most unlucky person in the world tells me that we're going to go up. I am working abroad till late August and would miss our first games back in the PL. Which would be shuffle!!

It is actually terrifying me. More to the point, the thought of losing in the play offs would ruin my summer.

After all these years of basically watching nothing else,  Sheffield Wednesday defeats can't ruin a day/week anymore

We should be impervious to the pain of defeat

''Sheffield Wednesday v Brentford, Saturday 3pm

Sheffield Wednesday are in the hunt for automatic promotion now. Absolutely.

I'd be stunned if they don't make the play-offs at least. In fact, I think they're nailed on for a top-six finish.

I'm especially delighted for the Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal, who conducts himself impeccably and has got his team playing a very attractive style of football. They've already scored two more goals than they managed in the whole of last season!

The crowd are loving it as this type of challenge wasn't to be expected - playing without expectation will be a huge advantage over some of the other teams in the promotion race. They've got a free shot at it this year.

I can easily see them winning here, but I'm backing goals as this style of play always leaves the door open for the opposition.''

OLLIE PREDICTS: 3-2 (Sky Bet odds 22/1)

Love what he's said here about us. Think he's absolutely spot on when he talks about our advantage over others in regards to pressure. This is our first season challenging for promotion, it is a free shot when you compare us to Boro and Derby who have been trying to claw out this league for a while now. Especially Derby. Even Brighton had a couple of go's at it before having to sell off Ulloa and a few others. Then there's Hull and Burnley who have the PL parachute payments and there's always pressure to go straight back up.

. Holloway is a big fan of Carlos. Last time he was on Sky he said I have a lot of time for that man (Carlos ) I could sit and listen to him talking about football for hours.

48pts to play for, 6 off top spot. All to play for, you better believe it!

If they win their game in hand, the top two are 9 and 10 points ahead.

I reckon we' need about 40 out of 48

Not impossible but not very likely. But if we did...I'd LOVE it!!!!

. Holloway is a big fan of Carlos. Last time he was on Sky he said I have a lot of time for that man (Carlos ) I could sit and listen to him talking about football for hours.

Gary Birtles has also said the same on a number of occasions.