Team and score v Brentford

I think McGeady will start. I was surprised he started at Brum but I think that showed that Carlos aims to get McGeady up to match fitness asap and that means starting games.

We need to attack these from the start. Last twice i have seen them on the box they look dodgy at the back.. Therefore if Hutch is fit play him at the back

and fill the midfield with the swarmers.

This'll be a very very tough match, I think it'll be decided by the odd goal either way.

They're not having a bad season - Brentford - they've got around the same number of points as the Blunts after the same number of games.

They're only ten points behind us and they won't have given up on the play-offs yet, so we're in for a game for sure.

Players they have who are very handy include Alan Judge and Josh McEachran (a player Real Madrid were after not that long ago).

You have to admire them, they're holding their own even though - since Summer - they have lost/sold:

- Will Grigg (Wigan - £1.2m)

- Stuart Dallas (Leeds - £1.3m)

- Moses Obudajo (Hull - £3.6m)

- Andre Gray (Burnley - £9m)

- Toumani Diagouraga (Leeds - £2.5m)

- James Tarkowski (Burnley - £3m)

6 players, Â£20million worth! And they're still mid-table.

They've made a few good signings of their own mind, they appear very shrewd as well reading into the backgrounds of the players they have brought in.

For example:

- A 6ft 5" German under 21 International with 9 goals in 17 for his country? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philipp_Hofmann

- A tough Danish (full) International: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Bjelland

and many other young players, including a 19 year old from West Ham ... http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/emmanuel-onariase-west-ham-united-brentford-2927634.aspx

I can see them trying to grab a point from us if I'm honest, I think they'll sit deep and try to hold us at 0-0 until half time.

We'll need our creative players like Forestieri to be firing on all cylinders.

I think we'll go 2 up in the second half, then they'll score one perhaps.

KING CARLOS' MASSIVE 2 - 1 BEES.

wAWAw

Edited by maidstoneowl

Think winning this is just as important as Birmingham. Looking at Saturday's fixtures, everyone within 3 points of us have 'easier' games....in the sense that they're playing teams considered to be fighting relegation. Derby got MK, Ipswich have Bristol, Birmingham have Rotherham and Brighton have Bolton.

Realistically we need to win to be 'as you were' positional wise. Hopefully Derby roger up under the whole Clement fiasco, Rotherham experience the honeymoon period of a caretaker manager, Bristol....do something worthwhile for one & Bolton rise from the ashes in tribute to their chairman passed on.

This is exactly the sort of scenario though where all we can hope for is to look after ourselves, because the other games are not in our favour at all!

Lets not underestimate the bottom sides, they will be scrapping for every thing.

If the top sides go into games against the bottom sides not mentally right, they will come unstuck.

...............Westwood

Hunt.....Lees.....Sasso.....Pudil

.............Bannan..Lee

Wallace......................Forestieri

...........Nuhiu....Hooper

Hutchinson in for Sasso if fit.

Price, Turner, Bennett, McGugan, Matias, McGeady, Joao.

SWFC 3-1 Brentford

Forestieri - will put us in the lead with an early goal from the edge of the area. 1-0 at half time.

Nuhiu - will put us 2-0 up with a decent header 10 mins into the 2nd half.

Brentford - will pin us back with a scrappy goal from a set piece from Alan Judge, around the hour mark.

Hooper - will wrap the points up 10 mins from time, Brentford committed too many men forward to grab a point but we hit them on the break.

Great post, plus 10.

I think McGeady gives us balance on the left as he's a proper winger like Wallace. Bannan or FF on the left always ends with them drifting inside alot and when you look at our games the majority of the wing play goes through hunt and Wallace.

Dont care where he drifts. When FF starts on the left, we win.

...............Westwood

Hunt.....Lees.....Sasso.....Pudil

.............Bannan..Lee

Wallace......................Forestieri

...........Nuhiu....Hooper

Hutchinson in for Sasso if fit.

Price, Turner, Bennett, McGugan, Matias, McGeady, Joao.

SWFC 3-1 Brentford

Forestieri - will put us in the lead with an early goal from the edge of the area. 1-0 at half time.

Nuhiu - will put us 2-0 up with a decent header 10 mins into the 2nd half.

Brentford - will pin us back with a scrappy goal from a set piece from Alan Judge, around the hour mark.

Hooper - will wrap the points up 10 mins from time, Brentford committed too many men forward to grab a point but we hit them on the break.

Tremendous. Is it one of Hoopers tap ins or 25 yard rocket? Might not leave to beat the traffic if its a worldy.

Because I have no hobbies or friends, for the similar thread for last weeks Birmingham match I counted how many hoped for Fernando up front, and how many hoped he would play wide. It was massively in favour of wide. Roughly five to one.

This week, despite us looking poor with Fernando up front against Brum, and us looking unstoppable when we changed it, we are only roughly three to one in favour of him playing wide left tomorrow.

Ok, its hardly scientific, but if anything I would have thought opinion would have been even stronger that he should start deeper.

Guest wilyfox

You have to admire them, they're holding their own even though - since Summer - they have lost/sold:[/size]- Will Grigg (Wigan - £1.2m)[/size]- Stuart Dallas (Leeds - £1.3m)[/size]- Moses Obudajo (Hull - £3.6m)[/size]- Andre Gray (Burnley - £9m)[/size]- Toumani Diagouraga (Leeds - £2.5m)[/size]- James Tarkowski (Burnley - £3m)[/size]6 players, [/size]£20million worth! And they're still mid-table.[/size]

Add the loss of Jota and Pritchard to that. Their team that did so well last season has been decimated. Probably only Judge and Bidwell that remain of their better players from the side.

Edited by wilyfox

Because I have no hobbies or friends, for the similar thread for last weeks Birmingham match I counted how many hoped for Fernando up front, and how many hoped he would play wide. It was massively in favour of wide. Roughly five to one.

This week, despite us looking poor with Fernando up front against Brum, and us looking unstoppable when we changed it, we are only roughly three to one in favour of him playing wide left tomorrow.

Ok, its hardly scientific, but if anything I would have thought opinion would have been even stronger that he should start deeper.

The reason I moved Fernando over to the left is because of how big Atdhe played against Brum.

If these lads are coming off the bench and doing well, the need to start the next game, otherwise they get f'ked off.

As others have alluded to, all depends on the fitness of Westwood, Hutchinson and Lee. If all fit, and no other injuries, I'm 90% sure we'll go:

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Hutchinson, Pudil, Wallace, Lee, Bannan, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Hooper.

Bench from: Price, (Palmer), Bennett, (Helan), (Turner), Sasso, (Sougou), Matias, McGeady, McGugan, (Semedo), Joao

Strong starting 11 and great bench. Still shocks me how good the squad is!!

Always feel pretty confident about home games these days, but a potential banana skin. Need to improve our first half performance. Take the lead and I'd back us all the way to three more points!

3-1