Who will be the next player to break into the squad

Yes thats him, just looked him up. 21 so he's not a babby, I was impressed with him, but on reflection he'll find it hard to break into central midfield as things stand.

By all accounts, he's been overtaken by Warren Clarke in midfield. The fact that we've persisted with Betra, even though he's been absent for the best part of two years, suggests that we believe he has a chance. I would have thought if we were going to get a breakthrough from any of the older lads, DeHaviland, Meadows and Croasdale, we'd have seen some loan interest already.

when I look at other sides with what I dean good development, (I don't know the background so stand to be corrected) but loaning out doesn't seem to be the solution to development. They play for the home club and often as a rotation or sub etc but with players that they in a formation that they know.

Teams like Southampton may be are the exception now, but they seem good at getting players game time and happy to replace big names with unheard of youth.

We have rotated heavily this year, but the squad size is so large that the rotation hasn't benefited the development squad. You'd like to see 2-3 a year come in and get 5 starts at different opportunities. Often raising their game and enthusiasm giving energy to burn.

The more you play the youth the more the better youth want to join, for example I'd guess that youngsters now (money aside) would rather join Tottenham or Southampton than Manchester United.

Unfortunately on the past 3-4 years I'd expect the local youth to fancy chancers better over at the sty, but more we progress and utilise the more we will attract.