14,000 season tickets

There is no way there would currently be any sort of protest over ticket prices at S6, nor should there be!! The last thing the majority of our fans want to do is derail the current promotion push over something that will not change this season anyway. Liverpool are safely midtable, nothing to win or to lose in the league. We also do not know what our prices will be next season anyway. I have no doubt DC and the club will have taken notice of the protest and the backdown by Liverpool.

Good point. I very much doubt that Liverpool fans would have organised a walk out if they were looking for a top 4 place, nor would they have done so in their recent league cup semi final.

Following the initial bad publicity Liverpool have come out of this as a club who listen to their fans - for not setting a top price of £77 and instead settling on £57, with cheapest season tickets close to £700 and the availability of £9 tickets (only available at an average of 500 tickets per game). Despite the fact they have signed up to a PL tv rights deal that would ensure they make more money than ever before even if they let every fan in for a tenner.

£30 on the South is cheaper than what I paid last year. I don't see why the Club should or, would, charge less what they did under Milan.

I suggested a maximum of £35:00 on the South - category A. I don't think that's unreasonable.

£46:00 to watch Bristol in a 2nd Division game at Hillsborough though? What was all that about?

And, loads defended the POTG prices on here. They got threads moved.

54 pages - biggest thread in the Matchday section. Boring.

Make your mind up, yesterday you said this was the most entertaining thread of the year!

Your prices seem reasonable though for the sake of benefits to season ticket holders at the next phase price and the possibility of the 10-match ticket I would say Arthur's in the post below yours are more realistic.

I don't think anyone has said that the prices for games like Burnley and tomorrow are reasonable - I certainly wouldn't pay that much on a regular basis, but it is what the club are stuck with due to the phase 2/3 season ticket prices.

I don't agree with fans having a go at the offers that the club has put on - the £20 offers for the Brighton and Bolton games and the £25 for the Leeds game. Yes they were televised or midweek games but so was the Arsenal game and fans found a way to make that one in numbers. If they are as desperate as they are making out to see us play then many of thise that managed to make the Arsenal game could probably do similar a couple more times to see less attractive opposition - it is Wednesday they are so desperate to see for a fair price afterall.

Perhaps the club could have kept normal potg prices for one of the midweek games and done an offer for a Saturday 3pm game instead. However, some would see that as taking advantage of the fans that often make potg prices as they know a certain number will go regardless. How much lower would the 20,700 crowd against Bolton have been had the tickets remained at say Cat E price?

Football prices are crazy and out of step with reality, from wages to ticket pricing.

We all love the game but cannot see it being sustainable forever, one day there is going to be

a major collapse of finances, that is only a matter of time sadly.

Edited by Big Jack

Football prices are crazy and out of step with reality, from wages to ticket pricing.

We all love the game but cannot see it being sustainable forever, one day there is going to be

Not just finances either,Don't rule out the possibility that Sky TV could go into Meltdown as well. WTF: WTF:

So for 2'adults and kids for a one off its £86 sorry mate we live in the real world kids have to be cheaper much cheaper. If I looked at my circumstance it's over £100 for the worst seats in the house.

M k,s pricing is great for adults but I still don't think kids should be paying more than £7 per game for any game £5 if there members we'll certainly under 11's anyhow.

Before people have a go I know it won't happen but that's why we are failing because it's just too much for families unless you are committing for a full season

How much do other leisure activities for 2 adults and 2 kids cost? Theme parks, Cinemas etc.

I reckon they will be around a similar mark

How much do other leisure activities for 2 adults and 2 kids cost? Theme parks, Cinemas etc.

I reckon they will be around a similar mark

Apart from theme parks everything else is much cheaper and usually a full day rather than 2 hours. It's a sad state of affairs when it's not far off the same to go to a theme park for a day as to take my family to a match. But that's the case my weekends are made up of these family days out now. I would love to at least drag them to a few games to try and get them hooked but it's just not justified.

'In addition, we are delighted to welcome thousands of brand new Season Ticket holders on board for the start of what will surely be another exciting campaign in 2016/17!'

Sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully prices won't increase unreasonably in subsequent phases, enabling those yet to renew or purchase a fair chance of joining them in due course. I'm sure POTD lessons will have been learnt as well, leading to bigger home crowds next season.

Dont you think they are the last of the persistent walk ups realising a ST is the way to go though? I'm all for a packed Hillsborough but if we sell 18,000 season tickets i cant see the crowds being any bigger, it will be the same people just with different tickets.

Season tickets have gone up so there is no reason to not to assume match day prices will also rise.

I think 14,000 is not too bad especially if when they go back on sale they are the same price minus the 2-3 year offers. Reaching 20,000 should be the target at the moment. If we continue to win on the pitch it will certainly help.

As for POTG tickets, getting rid of all the categories is definitely a starting point. 3 categories max with the majority being the middle level of pricing minus a couple of games either side.

It has made things far too confusing and the pricing for a large proportion of games has been too high. The Bristol City game has definitely left a bad taste with a lot of people and as others have mentioned I think the chairman has misjudged how affluent an area Sheffield is.

So for 2'adults and kids for a one off its £86 sorry mate we live in the real world kids have to be cheaper much cheaper. If I looked at my circumstance it's over £100 for the worst seats in the house.

M k,s pricing is great for adults but I still don't think kids should be paying more than £7 per game for any game £5 if there members we'll certainly under 11's anyhow.

Before people have a go I know it won't happen but that's why we are failing because it's just too much for families unless you are committing for a full season

To be fair to the club they do have special offers on for families wishing to attend matches which work out cheaper than buying individual tickets. Not sure if they have these on every match but sure they had them for some games at the start of the season

We can only hope.

It wouldn't be a bad thing.