14,000 season tickets

"Wednesdayites have smashed the club’s all-time record during this period with over 14,000 supporters already securing a one, two or three-year deal to guarantee their seat at Hillsborough."

Is 14k really a season ticket record OR a record for sales in January (when we don't normally sell STs)?

Record 1st phase

Be 18/20K by the start of next season if we remain in Championship, many more if we manage the Premiership

Good numbers.

Quite poor?

To get 14,000 fans to commit to a season ticket in February, many for multiple years is a solid base to work from

Not sure how people can disregard that

The usual suspects seem almost happy that it's not 18,000.

How anyone can think those prices are too dear is beyond me.

Now add sensible priced POTG prices and we will hit 20-25k regular home crowds

Can't see that happening.

There's a push for Season Ticket Sales as its definite income across the season.

I think from what we've seen this season the uptake when cheaper tickets were on sale wasn't all that exceptional either.

I expect fewer categories and thats it

Edited by Gerinako

It's poor because it has been the clubs strategy to drastically improve ST numbers.

When Derby had a similar objective, they increased ST sales from the previous seasons total by 4K by their first deadline.

This is our first deadline.

We've not even increased our existing total.

Thousands haven't even renewed.

The positive is that there are thousands of new ST holders, and it isn't too late for the club to do something to rectify the currently shocking renewal rates.

How many did we sell this season?

Not bad but would have preferred to see the first phase prices available for a longer period of time give people, especially families more time to save to commit to season tickets with the deadline being way too close to Christmas.

I know there's the credit option but many people don't want extra credit payments hanging over them what with mortgage and other monthly bills.

Just hope that the phase two and three prices don't jump dramatically pricing more people out and pay on the gate aren't as ridiculous as this season

Please don't hike the prices up too much for the next phase Mr Chansiri.

We could reinvigorate a culture of fans going to the games again but not if we give them the impression that they are just a commodity to be milked for everything they can. I think that's what has hit us this year.

For whatever reason the fanbase is fragmented and I very much doubt this will ever change.? I find it sad because DC is trying his best but years and years of disappointment and frustration over the past 15 years or so is making his efforts to take us back to the premier league and subsequently get the fanbase pulling together much much harder than it perhaps should be?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Not bad but would have preferred to see the first phase prices available for a longer period of time give people, especially families more time to save to commit to season tickets with the deadline being way too close to Christmas.

I know there's the credit option but many people don't want extra credit payments hanging over them what with mortgage and other monthly bills.

Just hope that the phase two and three prices don't jump dramatically pricing more people out and pay on the gate aren't as ridiculous as this season

The comment about credit sums up the attitude of Sheffield to other parts of the country. People elsewhere aren't afraid to take out credit because they know they can afford to repay. The culture in Sheffield and surrounding areas is to save and spend.

I know of people who wouldn't \ couldn't pay £500 in one go (fair enough) but wouldn't consider credit. It's almost like a stigma.

All in all though, I think the club do need to recognise that Sheffield wages aren't that good, aren't really rising and as such disposable income isn't there.

That's very disappointing

Thats pretty much our usual total of season ticket holders - all renewing early because they've been forced to.

Looks like holding a gun to fans with the matchday prices hasnt worked.

I'd like to know how many of those 14k are buying their first season ticket

This

That's very disappointing

Thats pretty much our usual total of season ticket holders - all renewing early because they've been forced to.

Looks like holding a gun to fans with the matchday prices hasnt worked.

I'd like to know how many of those 14k are buying their first season ticket

According to the article - thousands.

Which means it's very concerning that thousands of existing ST holders haven't renewed.

I think until we see the complete breakdown of the numbers (I haven't seen any of it) then 14k is a good return for what has in essence been 6 weeks of sales.

What I don't understand is why they now go off sale - why not just publish the next phase of prices and leave it all open?

In addition, we are delighted to welcome thousands of brand new Season Ticket holders on board for the start of what will surely be another exciting campaign in 2016/17!

But I firmly believe that the club still doesn't have a good enough understanding of the market/demographic of fans it is aiming towards and how to bring those people in more regularly.

For whatever reason the fanbase is fragmented and I very much doubt this will ever change. I find it sad because DC is trying his best but years and years of disappointment and frustration over the past 15 years or so is making his efforts to take us back to the premier league and subsequently get fanbase pulling together much much harder than it perhaps should be?

Some people can't seem to enjoy supporting Wednesday without having something to moan about. Can't blame them really after the horrendous 20 years we've had but it's a shame because this is as exciting as it's been for a long long loooong time.

Edited by EcclesallOwl