14,000 season tickets

That's very disappointing

Thats pretty much our usual total of season ticket holders - all renewing early because they've been forced to.

Looks like holding a gun to fans with the matchday prices hasnt worked.

I'd like to know how many of those 14k are buying their first season ticket

In addition, we are delighted to welcome thousands of brand new Season Ticket holders on board for the start of what will surely be another exciting campaign in 2016/17!

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/thank-you-2948077.aspx#8YqluDOzvgFiRevh.99

According to the article - thousands.

Which means it's very concerning that thousands of existing ST holders haven't renewed.

Edited by nebneeb

Wow over 50% have signed up for three year ones. 

The innovative scheme has seen over 50% of fans purchase the full three-year Season Ticket at the best possible price, with major discounts on offer irrespective of the division in which the Owls are plying their trade.
Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/thank-you-2948077.aspx#zzXqfiZFSduXvq6m.99

"Wednesdayites have smashed the club’s all-time record during this period with over 14,000 supporters already securing a one, two or three-year deal to guarantee their seat at Hillsborough."

Is 14k really a season ticket record OR a record for sales in January (when we don't normally sell STs)?

People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist, those sales figures are our norm, gonna take a long time to get new fans to commit to season tickets.

Now add sensible priced POTG prices and we will hit 20-25k regular home crowds

Edited by modboy

That's very disappointing

Thats pretty much our usual total of season ticket holders - all renewing early because they've been forced to.

Looks like holding a gun to fans with the matchday prices hasnt worked.

I'd like to know how many of those 14k are buying their first season ticket

I'd imagine that aslong as phase 2 doesn't increase too much, we should end up with around 18k.

"Wednesdayites have smashed the club’s all-time record during this period with over 14,000 supporters already securing a one, two or three-year deal to guarantee their seat at Hillsborough."

Is 14k really a season ticket record OR a record for sales in January (when we don't normally sell STs)?

Smashed a record for January ST sales.

Having never before sold ST's in January...

Look, certain people will dress this up to suit their own agendas.

I thought it was a poor move by the club to put these on sale with such a short window and straight after Christmas.

I genuinely can't see what the club has achieved by doing this. Yet another P R disaster.

But we've sold over 14,000 season tickets?

Dress it up whichever way you want, the clubs sold a decent amount of season tickets 6 months before the new season starts.

Look, certain people will dress this up to suit their own agendas.

I thought it was a poor move by the club to put these on sale with such a short window and straight after Christmas.

I genuinely can't see what the club has achieved by doing this. Yet another P R disaster.

Agreed.

A lot of people will have saved up for the usual March ST sales (having previously got them in the summer)

To bring that forward to January and give people a month to shell out was extremely poor.

Quite poor?

To get 14,000 fans to commit to a season ticket in February, many for multiple years is a solid base to work from

Not sure how people can disregard that

It's poor because it has been the clubs strategy to drastically improve ST numbers.

When Derby had a similar objective, they increased ST sales from the previous seasons total by 4K by their first deadline.

This is our first deadline.

We've not even increased our existing total.

Thousands haven't even renewed.

The positive is that there are thousands of new ST holders, and it isn't too late for the club to do something to rectify the currently shocking renewal rates.