The band

Guest oasisowl81

This.

The Kop needs to be the hub again where atmosphere radiates from.

No good having a large group of singers in the top North corner...& I gather that two appeals of sitting there is that it's far from the band and close to the away supporters for 'banter'. Talks ongoing of moving away fans, especially if we re-do the away end. So eventually the band may leave & the away fans sat elsewhere. So would the north standers come to The Kop then?

No we wouldn't move back to the Kop, mainly cos it is a bit poo poo in many aspects, you talk about moving the away fans it was mentioned in brief at the steering group without much conviction tbh.

no it's the KOP BAND...

families with kiddies like to hear it...

and the kop is the place for families with kiddies on a budget...

I think you missed my point. The North Stand consists of people who moved there to get away from the band and also people who wouldnt stand for the band being there..

if that happens i can go back to the back of the kop where the atmosphere was great pre-band, i've only been on kop twice since about 2004

Surely the club need to acknowledge that a large section of their customer base are alienated by the trumpets.

A small group of us did this earlier in the season after they refused to listen and kept playing over the top of us singing.

It didn't work because AGAIN they played over the top of us. If the whole Kop did it maybe that selfish tvvat Hemmingham might finally listen...

If you took the trumpet and rammed it down his throat he might lol

It shows how much they listen with the Carlos song. When we first started singing it we gave the band credit for only drumming along and not using the trumpets. Now they own the song. And guess what, it's slower and lower.

To be fair, it did sound alright with the drums if not a tad too slow. I just dont get why every song with the trumpet is in a much lower key. Its awful.

The Nuhiu and Semedo songs are the worst....... in fact scrap that, Bannan Wonderland sounds like a funeral march. You can hear people actually give in towards the end because of it.

A barely believable response from the biggest 'trumpet blower ' of them all .

Just gave a look at the scenes in the thread entitled 'Incredible scenes at full-time (Video)' - and then try and justify the oft quoted maxim that without the 'band' to 'guide' them Owls fans cannot create any atmosphere.  

and as for your 'biting' response to me . viz...

"allow me to 'enlighten' you...

it's the cheap seat that are shat upon from above...

the fact that the band is in them, more than likely relates to 'the powers that be' thinking...

we're not having that lot, stick them amongst the proletariat...."

that merely reinforces the point I orjginally made.  Why would the 'powers that be' think 'we're not having that lot, stick them amongst the proletariat' ...if the band were such a desirable asset  ?

once again you seem to fail to see, if dc wants to have a 'band' he'll put it where he wishes...

and you as 'the poor' will have to lump it...

or 'upgrade' at 'extra cost'...

win/win, for both you and dc...

We're not after permission. We want the band out. This is something we can't force. Your suggestion of stopping when they start was tried last season. It resulted in relentless playing by the band at full volume and clashes between the band and fans. Why so aggressive in your posts. You're replying to Wednesday fans who unlike you can't all afford tickets in the trendy stand. By the way, the back of the kop is nearly all standing.

last season you were 'petitioning' for a 'singing section'...

the present main objection is that 'the kop band' stifles the choristers...

I think you missed my point. The North Stand consists of people who moved there to get away from the band and also people who wouldnt stand for the band being there..

Surely the club need to acknowledge that a large section of their customer base are alienated by the trumpets.

at the far end of the north i quite like to hear the trumpets...

the noise they make reminds me that someone is actually on the kop...

last season you were 'petitioning' for a 'singing section'...

the present main objection is that 'the kop band' stifles the choristers...

I can't speak for others but I've never petitioned for a singing section. Going back to an earlier post, why do you keep bringing up the wealth of fans. It's irrelevant. You sound like a bit of a snob at times pal. I'm not saying you are it's just how you come across.