The band

The band are fine.

No issues with the band at all - anyone who has been to 32k attended game WITH the band knows this.

19k.... The band parping.... Slugging out a draw.... You're gonna have a bad time.

If you want atmosphere sort out the attractiveness of attending.

Remember it with smaller crowds too Brad, stood under the ledge on the Lepps.No band then and no mutterings about atmosphere

It was what it was.

Edited by IG1OWL

Maybe the OP needs a woodwind and a strings section and maybe a choir

F me.......its football..........it would be deathly quiet without the band

The handful of Burnley fans were making more noise the our Kop...on their own

I don't quite understand what you're saying. I can't tell if you want the band or don't want the band. I didn't say get rid if that's what your insinuating of me. I said they need to work with the fans. Apologies if I've misunderstood your post.

Seems to me that too many people are influenced by what the band are doing, hat song to sing etc. than what is going on where it matters - ON THE FIELD!!

Tuesday night, my mates being unable to get, I was sat almost alone, with a space around me, in the South, and I must admit that I heard parts of chants being started then lost, from the Kop. There was quite  lot of noise on the actual  South itself, but I wonder if the noise on here doesn't get lost in the roof. I think the South is probably atrocious acoustically, in that the sound being made, and I assure everyone , Kop, or North, that the 'Prawn Sandwich' brigade do get excited, and do make a noise. I just wonder if it doesn't get lost in the vast cavern that is the roof..

I agree that the band never seems to be in time to the chanting. but wonder, given the noise that came from the few Burnley supporters towards the end, isn't accentuated by the acoustics. I've often thought, having been brought up on the Leppings Lane (note: NOT the West Stand) the fact that we are playing to what is virtually a 3sided ground, doesn't have a large bearing on the 'lack of atmosphere' 

My view on it.

I'm there to watch the football.

I don't really notice them to be honest.

Is it really that important to get so wound up about them? No not really.

Hope the band get banned then we can all sit in silence listing to 400 away fans singing jolly tunes about what a shithole Sheffield is.

Dunno about you lot but i come away from most matches sounding like Barry White, if you want an atmosphere make it yourself (or call Russ Abbott) rather than whining about the band, like them or loathe them they don't physically stop anyone from singing or shouting.

post-1933-0-84295300-1454586432.png

This thread features in the latest episode of Owlstalk: The Sheffield Wednesday Fans Podcast!

Listen via iTunes for FREE now:- CLICK HERE

Subscribe via iTunes to get the latest podcast episode for FREE as soon as it is released, and remember to rate and review too!

(also available at all other good podcast outlets)

If yer only problem in life is half a dozen blokes playing instruments at a football match then you haven't done bad with yourself.

Who said it's their only problem? Does debating something mean it's your only problem? It's minor in truth but 99% of owlstalk topics are.

Guest oasisowl81

No other (football) club in the country has a band, does that not say something?

Also, super league is back tonight. Wonder how many games it will be before they start playing the 'Carlos had a dream' song at Leeds

It'll be their first tune, followed by every other fecking Wednesday song that they've bastardised.

The north is much better.

Better facilities. Better view. Better atmosphere.

Imo, if we're creating a "singing section", it needs to be on T & T1

there's no 'singing section' in't n/w...

there's no 'permission' sought, or required...

just turn up n' join in...

not much point turnin' up n' not joinin' in...

as it's rowdy, and not always easy to see t' game......