Official February Loan Window Rumours Megathread

Semedo isn't League One standard. He isn't top end Championship standard granted but he's better than League One.

He's a squad member, & when needed he'll come in & give his all. I don't see whats wrong with that.

There isn't a single team in this league with a squad full of top end championship players. You wouldn't be able to keep them all happy. Semedo has been a great servant to this club and deserves a bit more respect.

Nail on head. Respect.

Jose Semedo is a more than capable ball winning defensive midfielder at Championship level.

He lacks quality going forward, but that isn't why you would pick him.

Not good enough for where we want to go, but can do a job when called upon.

Hopefully he will come back as a coach once he has retired from Rotherham.

Would love him on a short term deal till the end of the season but can't see it happening.

He's achieved everything he will achieve. At 36 it's now about chasing the money, or he'll end up back home in Australia.

Left-back Courtney Wildin has today joined the Club on a youth loan from Sheffield Wednesday.

Wildin, who recently impressed during a spell on loan at Gainsborough Trinity, joined Wednesday last summer following his release by Aston Villa.

The 19-year-old will be with the Imps for an initial month and will go straight into the squad for Saturday's visit of Southport to Sincil Bank.

Read more at http://www.redimps.co.uk/news/article/owl-wildin-joins-on-youth-loan-2958416.aspx#QxLjt2QfVJzV7EsR.99

Happy for as many of our young players to go out on loan as possible.

Good luck Courtney!

I'm sorry but I disagree, Semedo is a league one footballer at best, He's so limited it's untrue, I watched Peterborough last night and I don't think he'd even get in their team, All very technically gifted players and that's what you need to be these days. Not doubting the guy as a person , Top pro who's got Wednesday in his blood but sentiment aside he needs to be released at the end of the season, He's still got a good few years left for someone else lower down the pyramid, Sadly not with us.

Different players have different attributes. Semedo isn't the best technically. That doesn't mean he can't do a job in this league. He isn't good enough to feature regularly for us any longer, fair enough. I stick by what I said though, he is good enough to play Championship football.

I'm sorry but I disagree, Semedo is a league one footballer at best, He's so limited it's untrue, I watched Peterborough last night and I don't think he'd even get in their team, All very technically gifted players and that's what you need to be these days. Not doubting the guy as a person , Top pro who's got Wednesday in his blood but sentiment aside he needs to be released at the end of the season, He's still got a good few years left for someone else lower down the pyramid, Sadly not with us.

I guess Peterborough could have done with a player like Semedo on Saturday, apparently they were woeful and couldn't make a tackle

Middlesbrough. Trying to sign a speedy winger on loan. Not a bad idea.

0 retweets0 likes

Whoever it is won't be better than McGeady.

Just seen the tweet and was just about to say the same.

Have they suffered a recent injury or was this an oversight on their part.....?

Would love him on a short term deal till the end of the season but can't see it happening.

He's achieved everything he will achieve. At 36 it's now about chasing the money, or he'll end up back home in Australia.

I saw Cahill play in the US 12 months ago and his legs had gone then. He'd honestly get no where near our starting 11 now and I can't see him making the bench ahead of McGugan, Lopez or Semedo.

Edited by CrosbyKitchens