Next six games

Beat Derby first , As CC says 1 game at a time .

Of course.

But as a fan, splitting the season into spells gives a more balanced view of progress.

I recall Wilko in one of his first ever programme note, saying he told his players to think of the season as groups of 5 matches, and target 3 wins, a draw and a loss which he calculated would get us promoted....and he was right of course.

That is why I was less critical and depressed than others yesterday when we were one down. Long season and we are on the right path.

Can we keep the great progress up?

In groups of six matches we have taken 5 points, then 12 points, and most recently 11 points. Play offs trajectory.

But December looks horrible on paper.

Points return from this lot?

Derby h

Cardiff a

MK a

Wolves h

Brum h

Boro a

Im saying one defeat v Boro. Draws v Derby and Cardiff. Wins v Wolves and Brum. MK...head says draw, heart says win.

So 9 or 11 then. Happy with 9, deleriously over the moon etc with 11.

Derby h Draw

Cardiff a. Draw

MK a. Win

Wolves h. Win

Brum h. Win

Boro a. Lose

There's your 11 points

In complete agreement on this one

UP THE OWLS !

Edited by Bluey9

Yes some tough games amongst that lot, I think we'll win of those where not many are giving us much chance of winning, Derby/Boro and we'll probably end up losing one of those where everyone expects us to win MK/Wolves just like we did at Charlton.

I'll be well happy with a return of 12 points.

Hard to predict but that's a tricky run of games. This League as we all know is a marathon and at times its very unpredictable. Not sure how many points we will get from those games but I'm more confident with DC, CC and this squad than I've been about any other Wednesday squad since the 90's.

If we're still in touch with the top 6 or in the top 6 after those games, we'll have a great chance to do something special in the second half of the season, especially with the January transfer window coming up. CC and Wilko both had the right line of thinking. Take each game at a time, don't be too downhearted by dropping points when you look at the season as a marathon and groups of games. As long as we're still in touch and still in with a shout then that's very good and a far cry from recent seasons.

Can we keep the great progress up?

In groups of six matches we have taken 5 points, then 12 points, and most recently 11 points. Play offs trajectory.

But December looks horrible on paper.

Points return from this lot?

Derby h

Cardiff a

MK a

Wolves h

Brum h

Boro a

Im saying one defeat v Boro. Draws v Derby and Cardiff. Wins v Wolves and Brum. MK...head says draw, heart says win.

So 9 or 11 then. Happy with 9, deleriously over the moon etc with 11.

Edited by Del_Liles

This next month will give a very good indication of whether we are a top 6 side. If we are, we should certainly be intending to win all our home games, whether we are playing 1st place or 24th. After that, points picked up away from home are all bonus points.

My guess is: Derby (h) = draw; Cardiff (a) = win, MK Dons (a) = win, Wolves (h) = win, Birmingham (h) = win and Middlesboro (a) = lose.

Can see us getting something against Derby if we keep it tight and hit them on the break.

Even though it's a very tough game and they're in great form and they look like going up.

Both teams though would probably be happy enough with a point?

The next three games after that are all winnable, although tricky to be fair in different ways.

Got a feeling we'll lose against either Birmingham or Middlesboro as the fixture pile up takes it's toll

but those games could go either way on paper and it should be interesting to see if we can keep pace with the top 6?

If we get anything like that amount of points out of those fixtures it would be a very good haul.

Three wins out of those six or 10 or more points will probably keep us in the hunt.

But considering the opposition and the fixture pile up, if we do well in those games

we should be well on course come the January transfer window time. *touch wood*

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles