Why does Lucas not start?

Before you jump on me, this is not a critical post, but a genuine question.

Come on, to a man, we all know Lucas has more talent, more goals, more threat and infinitely more potential than Ad the (and for the record I like Adthe).

Next, I love Carlos, and find it a bit like cheating on my wife to even question one of his calls.

So why does he not start with Lucas?

He is 22, not a baby. He is not being kicked up in the air by hairy bummed centre halves. When he comes on he transforms us. Ad the is not Messi. He is playing roughly 45 minutes per week.

I am genuinely flumoxed. He plays like Maradonna as a sub, but Madonna when he starts (Arsenal excluded).

If we could get Lucas playing for 90 minutes like he plays as a second half sub, we get promoted and have a £20m asset. And yet he doesn't warrant a starting place.

Any thoughts?

As with all quick players their impact is increased when they come on against tired players. That said recently big Dave has been poor.

CC explains his interview

But basically the conditions in the game need to be right for Joao to succeed.

If they're not, he struggles

Like Brighton

So basically, using the toolbag analogy I used last week, Joao is a special tool, for specific jobs, whilst Nuhiu is a multi-purpose, interchangeable head, screwdriver, useful for all kinds of situations.

Carry on selecting your tools accordingly Carlos.

Back in the 80s as a much younger man I could never understand why our young striker David Hirst as on the bench so often. I thought I knew better than Howard Wilkinson. Now, I understand that Wilkinson was managing Hirst in the best way for the boy and the club. 

For me, the same thing is happening now.

Back in the 80s as a much younger man I could never understand why our young striker David Hirst as on the bench so often. I thought I knew better than Howard Wilkinson. Now, I understand that Wilkinson was managing Hirst in the best way for the boy and the club.

For me, the same thing is happening now.

BINGO

Edited by NYCOWL

Absolute nonsense that could be applied to ANY player. Especially Nuhiu.

But he is not talking about any player is he. He is talking about our match winner and he thinks he is more effective the way he is doing it at the moment. To be fair to Carlos the evidence seems to support him , in the League anyway.

Joao has been poor when he has started and better when he has come on.

However it is not as simple as Joao v Nuhuiu as we all know who is the better player including Carlos

The issue is that he brings Joao on in the second half , plays two up front with FF wide and the team plays a more attacking game and the whole team goes a bit gung ho with the game getting stretched.

This gets the best out of Joao as he is not isolated , and gets plenty of support

Carlos obviously thinks we cannot play that way the whole game and playing Joao in a more defensive set up would leave him isolated up front, like he was against Reading for example , and basically wastes him.

So poor old Nuhuiu gets the short straw.

Is Carlos right, who knows, Joao has scored more goals coming off the bench than anybody else in the league.

lol

That's EXACTLY the point he's making.

He's just protecting Joao. He's not picking Nuhiu because he thinks he's going to get more out of him in certain situations, he just doesn't want to over expose Joao yet. Joao has already shown he's better at doing " the Nuhiu job" than Nuhiu, he's already shown he's far superior in every aspect, but CC isn't going to say that. He doesn't have another forward option who can compete physically so Nuhiu plays sometimes.

And saying that the situation needs to be right for a player to play at his best is just stating the bloody obvious.

Also carlos says he struggled against Brighton when starting but so have most players this season. I guess his point is against strong defences he is still learning, but it is frustrating that Nuhiu starts ahead of Hooper and Bus, and Lachman's mum

Edited by Southie_Owl

Carlos obviously thinks we cannot play that way the whole game and playing Joao in a more defensive set up would leave him isolated up front, like he was against Reading for example , and basically wastes him.

So poor old Nuhuiu gets the short straw.

Why does everyone always come back to this Reading game?

We don't play like anymore and now have better players. Bannan, Forestieiri etc

Needs to and should be already.

I wonder if any other promotion chasing club, would bench joao for nuhiu?

Would rather have started with joao and rested him on Tuesday and started with nuhiu.

If cc continues, starting with the hapless nuhiu, his last game will see him jeered of by the Hillsborough boo boys.