Why does Lucas not start?

Before you jump on me, this is not a critical post, but a genuine question.

Come on, to a man, we all know Lucas has more talent, more goals, more threat and infinitely more potential than Ad the (and for the record I like Adthe).

Next, I love Carlos, and find it a bit like cheating on my wife to even question one of his calls.

So why does he not start with Lucas?

He is 22, not a baby. He is not being kicked up in the air by hairy bummed centre halves. When he comes on he transforms us. Ad the is not Messi. He is playing roughly 45 minutes per week.

I am genuinely flumoxed. He plays like Maradonna as a sub, but Madonna when he starts (Arsenal excluded).

If we could get Lucas playing for 90 minutes like he plays as a second half sub, we get promoted and have a £20m asset. And yet he doesn't warrant a starting place.

Any thoughts?

apparently he's worth 20 millionArsenal are monitoring him..etc etcmy guess is he is being managed well and protected from these ridiculous expectations

Conspiracy theory.....Carlos can only risk him 45 mins per week cos if he played all 90 he would break all records, attract United, City and Chelsea. Instead, cunning Carlos is doing just enough with Lucas to keep him under the radar, and to keep us in touch, then once the transfer window closes Lucas starts every game, scores 30 goals, gets us promo auto, and Carlos is even more of a hero than he is now.

I've come to believe that some of our supporters don't listen or don't understand English or are simply thick.

Joao will start some games, and he will come on from the bench in some games

Our manager is doing what all good managers do

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Our always know better fans never seize to amaze me. Are we saying CC is not up to the job?

Good morning Owlstalk. Peeing down outside but rewatching the highlights and smiling at the table.

Quite the opposite. Carlos clearly knows what he is doing. Its just very unusual. If you think of supersubs, they are always not as good as the starter, eg Chicarito was not as good as Rooney or Ronaldo but could come on and often as not score, but was not fit to lace his mates boots over the full 90.

Going back many years, the original supersub was David Fairclough at Liverpool. Pretty useless compared to their fantastic forwards, but bring him on as sub and he changed matches.

Lucas is different. Way better than Nuhiu, and yet a brilliant manager doesn't start him.

Im not saying its wrong. It is clearly working. And the stats clearly show he is better coming off the bench. But if he could start to perform over 65/75 minutes at the same level he does if he comes on at half time, we will have some amazing results ahead.

If he's fit he should start virtually every game. Same with Forestieri. They are our 2 most effective strikers, they link up well and cause problems. Anytime CC chooses not to have those 2 on the pitch together is a wasted opportunity imo. Having said that, I can at least understand him preferring to put Nuhiu up against Blackburn's 2 big horrible centre backs yesterday, especially with an important cup tie coming up.