Good point..but

You've completely lost the point of the probable reason as to why a few were left out today.

For the Stoke game we should now have a fresh Hunt, Joao and Wallace. Plus the returning Hutchinson and probably the returning Bannan...maybe Turner too.

We're going to go full strength on Tuesday, I'm certain of that. Well, full strength minus Westwood. Wildsmith deserves to keep his cup place.

I started a response but lost interest half way through. You are clearly closer to CC's selection plans than I.

Hutch will start... Bannan out. He clearly has lost confidence in McGugan.

And what is the priority? A cup run that will get tougher and possibly cause injuries, or getting enough points to play the likes Stoke on a regular basis? It's a no brainer.

Cup runs are bonuses, League is bread and butter - that's the priority.

Left Ewood Park annoyed today.

If Carlos wants to protect Joao that's fine, but play Hooper instead of Nuhiu.

The only thing I'll say about that is that people said we looked physically small at Charlton and got bullied.

Again, I'm not a Nuhiu fan...

8th in the table. Just outside of the play-offs on goal difference and in a league cup quarter-final and you've still got fans flucking complaining. It's not that long ago we were cut adrift in the bottom 3 under DJ. I'm much happier with where we are now, if you're not then what will really make you happy?

Can't help thinking that if we had started the 11 we finished with we would have 3 pts...

Still no complaints...I would have settled for the point there

Well played The Wednesday!

Why did you neg yourself,

second thoughts ?

I started a response but lost interest half way through. You are clearly closer to CC's selection plans than I.

And what is the priority? A cup run that will get tougher and possibly cause injuries, or getting enough points to play the likes Stoke on a regular basis? It's a no brainer.

When you are a sniff offa wembley...it becomes a bit more intense......

Guest wilyfox

Carlos is a sneaky fecker though...

I've no doubt Carlos was holding Joao back for Stoke. To be honest, Joao isn't my gripe - the selection of Semedo, Helan, and Nuhiu is. Did they deserve to keep the shirt after their showing against Huddersfield? Arguably not. Did we have other options? Yes. For that reason, I see this as 1pt saved and 2 dropped rather than a point won.

Bannan was close to being available today. He'll travel to Stoke & I think he'll start. I'll be really shocked if he doesn't at least make the bench though.

I've already said that the league is a priority. But I'd be pissed off if we went into the Stoke game with our reserves. I think, at this stage in the cup, you'd be stupid to not have a good go! I've already said that if this Stoke game was the 3rd round I'd welcome a completely changed squad. Bus up front etc. Like Newcastle. But this is the quarter final & we're taking 4k down to Stoke with a couple thousand potentially at the beamback? We HAVE to take this seriously. CC has said the league is a priority, but he said the same before Arsenal which made people think that he'd make similar changes to the Newcastle game. He showed that night that he cares about the cup. He cares about giving us the best chance of a successful season. So far we are on equal points with the team in 6th & we're in the cup quarter final. This is becoming a successful season. I'm enjoying myself. I'm enjoying every game.

With the depth we have in the squad, with a whole bunch of strong players coming back from injury at the right time, there's no reason why we can't have a cup run (or at least give this quarter final a go) and get in the play offs.

Joao got us a point today. If he goes on to have a game vs Stoke similar to that against Arsenal...it'll be a risk that has paid off. If not, we're out of the cup & can concentrate on plugging away in the league again. It's a win-win.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Exactly. 

Games come thick and fast in December. 

Going to be a tough period. 

Need to use the squad depth we have. 

I concur.

We can't possibly play our 'best 11' every game. 

We also can't resist giving the quarter final of a domestic cup a bloody good go!

This league is a war of attrition - even more so when you are still in a cup competition.

Lots of games which come thick and fast - Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday etc.

If we can keep picking up points away and more often than not get 3pts at home we will have a great chance of getting up this season.

That really sounds like you are 'spitting barz'...are you? Were you?