Good point..but

100% agree. But Tuesday was definitely on Carvalhal's mind.

As it should be.

League is the priority. And if we were travelling to Stoke in the 3rd round of the cup I'd welcome 11 changes, like the Newcastle game.

But this is the chance to get to a semi-final. I think it's right that CC has an eye on it. If only to do justice to the 4k travelling to Stoke hoping to see us do something we've not done in YEARS! We have to give it our best shot.

This league is a war of attrition - even more so when you are still in a cup competition. 

Lots of games which come thick and fast - Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday etc. 

If we can keep picking up points away and more often than not get 3pts at home we will have a great chance of getting up this season. 

As it should be.

League is the priority. And if we were travelling to Stoke in the 3rd round of the cup I'd welcome 11 changes, like the Newcastle game.

But this is the chance to get to a semi-final. I think it's right that CC has an eye on it. If only to do justice to the 4k travelling to Stoke hoping to see us do something we've not done in YEARS! We have to give it our best shot.

Got to agree FO....Hanging around the play offs an' sniffing at Wembley is more than we could have hoped for this year..

Decent point .

Soundly like Blackburn struggled when we brought our better players on. CC needs to stick to his strongest 11 and use rotation for injuries etc.

He did say that we had some knocks during his prematch interview & wasn't sure if they'd play, but wouldn't say who.

So there's nothing of evidence to say that Joao/Hunt/Wallace didn't have knocks.

People can keep moaning about rotation if they want, but it's going nowhere.

And we will reap the benefits in March/April

Squad rotation is a good thing but when you use Semedo, Nuhui and Helen in the same team while leaving Joao, Mcgugan and Lopez on the bench will lose us points in the long run.

Squad rotation is a good thing but when you use Semedo, Nuhui and Helen in the same team while leaving Joao, Mcgugan and Lopez on the bench will lose us points in the long run.

I think today was a very good result although I agree I thought exactly the same - particularly helan and Nuhiu

Joao is being handled carefully

Mcgugan, I don't know, it's clear that CC doesn't trust him

Lopez? Not fit enough yet?

None of us know what has gone on in training during the week or who are carrying knocks...or who aren't fully fit.

CC does though.

Joao was not picked today for a specific reason. It could be fitness, it could be a knock, it could be half an eye on Tuesday, it could be he's not mentally ready due to being a young lad in a foreign country living away from his missus and new born.

I'm 100% sure it's not a tactical thing though. It's doubtful that CC has seen the form of Joao and Nuhiu and thinks Nuhiu is a better striker than Joao. That's daft...and that's one thing that CC is not.

People need to get a grip and realise that things aren't completely black and white regarding rotation. It's not a case of CC rates so and so better than so and so. It goes deeper than that. 

This season is a marathon. A long marathon for us considering this welcome cup run. 

Rotation, in my opinion, will show that it's paid off come April/May time.