Let's assume Hutchinsons knees go again.

The guy as been an absolute stalwart this season, but the Championship is a long, hard and gruelling campaign. Not taking into account cup runs.

Given the lads physical history, I won't be surprised to see him out for a long spell this season.

If we don't have a ready made backup, I honestly that could be the difference between us challenging for the top 6 and mid table mediocrity.

Semedo, as much as I love the guy wouldn't be good enough, and the jury is still out on Lopez.

Who could we potentially bring in in January either on loan or permanently to fill a potential void?

Why on earth would you assume me hutch's knees will go again. The knee that caused his retirement was not the injury he suffered last season and IIRC hasn't caused him to miss any games since joining us.

So given the fact that he nearly retired due to injury makes you think we shouldn't bring in a suitable back up? lol

Hutchinson & Semedo play different roles

Semedo is a defensive midfielder

Hutchinson drops into a back 3 when our fullbacks bomb on (which is always)

Hutchinson is one of very few players, in English football, that has genuine knowledge of both CB & CM ... I can think of Gareth Barry, Eric Dier & Tom Huddlestone

Asking Semedo, or any other standard defensive mid to do it, would be like asking Southgate to do it for England

Hutchinson & Semedo play different roles

Semedo is a defensive midfielder

Hutchinson drops into a back 3 when our fullbacks bomb on (which is always)

Hutchinson is one of very few players, in English football, that has genuine knowledge of both CB & CM ... I can think of Gareth Barry, Eric Dier & Tom Huddlestone

Asking Semedo, or any other standard defensive mid to do it, would be like asking Southgate to do it for England

Erm didn't Semedo used to be a centre back?

My biggest fear is Westwood accidentally mincing his hand whilst blending fruit in a juicer for his new year health kick.

Who are we going to get when this happens ?

Well let's just assume that is definitely going to happen - then who will make his juice for him?

Semedo isn't good enough, not even close in this team.

But Lopez is more than good enough to step in, we also have Kieran Lee who is equally capable of playing a deeper role as he is going forward, can sit him deeper and play McGugan if it ever came to that.

Plenty of options in CM, definitely not an area we need to worry about