Joao Vs Rhodes

Rob Staton ‏@robstaton 33s33 seconds ago

Carlos Carvalhal says Jordan Rhodes to #SWFC rumours make "no sense". Says at £14m it will not happen.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

To be expected I suppose. We could get Jonathan Soriano for half of that price and he'd probably still score about as many goals, so it just goes to show how over-inflated Rhodes jr.'s price is.

Looks like we'll be sticking with Joao for the foreseeable future!

Its unbelievable to me that people are even try to compare a rookie, to a proven championship goalscorer.

And then some of the comments, like LJ could match JR for goals, this is where the pressure comes from and this is where we ruin players, let LJ progress at his own speed, let him keep doing what he is doing with no expectations.

Yes he came on last saturday and changed the game, but he has also come on in past games and offered nothing, this happens in football.

But what you get with Rhodes is a constant goal threat, a player that will play off the shoulder of the last man forcing defences deeper.

For me its a no brainer, if we can get Rhodes, then get him - if nothing else it would be great for the club to have a natural goalscorer.

Your opinion mate. No need to say like its fact.

No pressure. He either gets 20 or he dunt.

But imo over a full season I reckon he'd only be 5 goals behind Rhodes.

Are those goals worth 15 million? Hard to say.

You said it like it was a fact, not me.

I merely pointed out your flaws, LJ has been as anonymous in some games as many claim Nuhiu is in every game.

There is no doubt Joao has the knack of being in the right place at the right time - Ala Rotherham - 1st against Huddersfield however things won't always drop so perfectly, its at this time we will really see how much of a player he is.

Furthermore, if them 5 goals are the goals that give you a 1-0 away to the likes of QPR, then yes they are worth it.

Jao signed for 2 million?!?!

22 years of age, just capped for Portugal. 

Jordan Rhodes for 14 million.

Rhodes might have a great record at this level, but I bet Jao is playing Premier League football sooner.