Joao Vs Rhodes

Pop your dummy back in.

Only one dummy around here to be fair.

In the very little time I have spent on here, I have seen zero posts at all containing any substance, you hop on a thread, try and be funny, mock someone and then hop off again.

Guest wilyfox

Only one dummy around here to be fair.

In the very little time I have spent on here, I have seen zero posts at all containing any substance, you hop on a thread, try and be funny, mock someone and then hop off again.

So in the very little time you say you've spent on here, you've decided to use that by taking a pop at me in your only posts in this thread? Well aren't you a sweetheart... I'm flattered by the attention, but you're not my type - sorry.

lol

With our continuous links to JR, and a high chance of this happening, where does this leave Joao?

We don't play 2 up front, so we are unlikely to change formation. Although this might sound a little crazy, I don't think we need to sign Rhodes mainly because we have Joao.

You can't take away the fact that Rhodes guarantees you 20 goals a season, but who's to say Joao won't hit 20 this season? When you watch Rhodes play, does he get you excited with what he is going to do next? Do you see him smashing hard hitting centre backs to the floor? Not really.  When you watch Joao play, the man just gets you on the edge of you seat, if we can keep hold of him, he may just  become a legend. The problem is I don't think he will be here that long.

Joao for me is the type of player what could cut it in many of the top European leagues, centre halves are poo poo scared of him. There is a reason that after 5-6 seasons Rhodes hasn't made a move to the Premier League. Personally I don't think he would flourish there unless he was at one of the top 4 sides. Many strikers who have banged goals in, in the championship of a similar mould have tried and failed, and end up coming back down a league (although there are a couple of contradictions to this (Austin)).  

To spend 10-15 million on Rhodes and potentially make him the highest paid player in the Championship would be a mistake. Take a look at: Joao, Forestieri and add Mathias (he has potential to become one of our best), these 3 cost less than 10 million. I would take these 3 over Rhodes any day of the week!

Spend 10 million on a right back, a winger (or 2) (Antonio :ph34r:) and a striker (although I don't think this is that necessary as we have Hooper), and we have a more complete squad than spunking it on Rhodes.

Is it just me being crazy? Am I bigging up Joao too much? I never thought I would be saying this!!!

I don't mind being shot down or abused for this thread WTF:

Yes we do.

i maybe wrong here...

but it's just my take...

i've found rhodes can disappear at times, then bob up and score...

don't see him as the type to lead the line one up...

and at present we play one up and support...

i figure he might get some hammer playin' one up...

it's tying a racehorse to a cart, when we have a carthorse...

Love Joao and you can see he will be a very good striker - has everything and no doubt he will play in the prem.

I really hope we can keep him here but short term if we only had the option of Joao or Rhodes to help us aim for the play offs this season you would have to go for Rhodes - he is 100% proven at this level.

Another 2 years and Joao may be the better option?

Edited by Spookone

Totally different players

Bloke who can do absolutely everything but is often a bit suspect in front of goal ( obviously not on Saturday but he does enjoy a sitter ) vs a bloke who does next to nothing but never misses.

I'd like a bit of both please

i maybe wrong here...

but it's just my take...

i've found rhodes can disappear at times, then bob up and score...

don't see him as the type to lead the line one up...

and at present we play one up and support...

i figure he might get some hammer playin' one up...

it's tying a racehorse to a cart, when we have a carthorse...

No we don't.

We are clearly playing 4-4-2.  Quite a rigid 4-4-2 as well. Especially at home.  At times away, Forestieri has dropped on to their anchor man when they have the ball.

Anybody thinking that Forestieri is playing 'in the hole' or as some kind of link man are going off reputation and not watching the matches.  I have been extremely surprised at how far up the pitch he has played.

Hence how CC has been so happy to put Forestieri wide left and play Joao & Hooper or Joao & Nuhiu together at times.  It doesn't really change anything.

Love Joao and you can see he will be a very good striker - has everything and no doubt he will play in the perm.

I really hope we can keep him here but short term if we only had the option of Joao or Rhodes to help us aim for the play offs this season you would have to go for Rhodes - he is 100% proven at this level.

Another 2 years and Joao may be the better option?

post-13648-0-94158600-1448539992.jpg

If you were the manager of Wednesday and you were told:-

"If you don't get promoted this season I am going to hire a hit man to kill you and your family.  I will pay for you to have Rhodes or Joao upfront, who do you want?"

Every single one of us would surely choose Rhodes.

I think that tells us everything we need to know.

Guest wilyfox

"If you don't get promoted this season I am going to hire a hit man to kill you and your family.  I will pay for you to have Rhodes or Joao upfront, who do you want?"

I'd ask for gardening leave.

Sinister

Unsettling

Wait, when did Cellino take us over?

Joao has true potential, and its right to get so excited, but he's not the finished article. I think there is a similar situation at Man U with Martial. 6 weeks ago he was the Messiah, but their forum is starting to think again, saying he may not be the IMMEDIATE answer. Seemingly he goes quiet and has moments of devastating brilliance and periods of anonymity.

It's not being disloyal to LJ to say that RIGHT NOW JR would start every game, with LJ starting say half to two thirds of matches.

Let's not forget we have 29 league matches, 3 play off matches and 10 cup matches left. With JR, Fessi and LJ, not to mention Matias and Nuhiu, we would be in amazing shape for the season.

So to answer the OP, I want both. As I have said elsewhere...

JR / Fessi

JR / Joao / Fessi midfield

Try marking those 2 or 3 out of a game.

I'd like to know how we have a good chance of signing Rhodes (And for £10 million) ?

Boro bid £12 mill and got turned down, so thats at least £13 mill to hire his services, I like and rate him but no way will/should we be offering that sort of money for an unproven @ PL striker and who's to say that £13 mill would be enough, Venky's just might want to keep hold of their biggest asset.

Edited by paddyowl

There is only so much time that Blackburn can hold out. They are struggling financially, not showing any signs of getting near the play offs let along promotion. Rhodes at some point has to force the issue in order to prove himself as a top player with a better team (not necessarily us) who are challenging near the top or in the Premier League. I'd say its likely he will be playing for another side come the end of January. I just hope we don't overspend both on transfers and wages, on him! But then again the thought of Rhodes, FF & Joao running riot is mouth watering!

There is only so much time that Blackburn can hold out. They are struggling financially, not showing any signs of getting near the play offs let along promotion. Rhodes at some point has to force the issue in order to prove himself as a top player with a better team (not necessarily us) who are challenging near the top or in the Premier League. I'd say its likely he will be playing for another side come the end of January. I just hope we don't overspend both on transfers and wages, on him! But then again the thought of Rhodes, FF & Joao running riot is mouth watering!

Not forgetting Bannan beavering away, Beckham-like crosses coming in from Ross and Pudil.