50 Today Sir Desmond Sinclair Walker

Although a very good player - I don't quite have the same affinity for him as I do Nilsson, Palmer etc.

He was great with last gasp tackles and popping up from nowhere to stop goals - but he often put the defence under pressure because he pretty much played his own game. He was often the last man making a challenge, but then he was usually the defender playing the attacker onside.

Although I'm sure he's a great bloke, he never really had the charisma of some of our other players, he seemed a bit of an outsider at times - maybe that's why he's no longer involved with football.

Would probably still name him alongside Pearson, Nilsson and Worthington though in my all time best Defence.

Neal M you obviously aren't old enough to see larry may :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:.

Seriously tho, walker was immense as a player, to be fair its a good call with roland too, worth a poll. For once im going to be a bit lib Dem and sit on the fence.

(now on OS- never knew forest are called the tricky trees?)

Yes I have seen both Nilsson and Des Walker play for Wednesday and would say Des Walker was a better defender.

I only talk about footballers I have seen ( late 1960's to the present day), both Des and Roland would be in my 11. But please do not embarss Des' memory by saying he was a better defender because he simply was not.

Happy Birthday Des one of Wednesdays very best.

When he fell out with Emerson Thom our team went to pot, Had the chance to sell either of them at the time and sold the wrong one of them, Unfortunatly in his last years he cost us so many points hoofing the ball out for corners, Due to the fact non of the team could defend a cross let alone a corner.

Great player up to about 1997-98