McCormack AND Rhodes

Both have been in the shop window too long and neither have enticed a Prem bid, which is where I believe we're heading, so why spunk £15 mill.

Joao and Fessi have proved that far better value is out there. 

fair enough nev ....you want us to be up there with the best but shop around for value while we do it ........

For me we need to keep looking on improvements on what we already have. Think we have foristieri and mataias who are going to compete for the same roll and nuhiu and jaoa competing for the other. We also have hooper on loan but i do believe with our style of play wouldnt work well for 90 mins with foristieri or matias and would be better suited to playing alongside joao or nuhiu. In my opinion we should be looking at finding an upgrade on nuhiu who can really battle it out with joao for a starting slot. Wickham would be a good shout but wages maybe a stumbling block. Maybe we could look at peter crouch as a loan til the end of the season. Would be a definite upgrade on nuhiu and would put bums on seats

so do you think  hooper is better than rhodes ? .....all i know is that you always want to improve once your satisfied with what you have then it doesnt get any better and thats when you start going slowly downhill .....

Well I sort of agree, although I think there is much more to come from this squad. Is Hooper better than Rhodes? No he isn't, but he can do a similar job in the short term.

Well I sort of agree, although I think there is much more to come from this squad. Is Hooper better than Rhodes? No he isn't, but he can do a similar job in the short term.

we want promotion and we want it  asap   ......chansiri wants it why on earth would he make do with short term .....now if carlos thinks what we have is good enough then fair play i´ll go with that but i´d wager he doesnt .

Before anyone can answer the Rhodes McCormack conundrum. We need to ask ourselves about our resources...Do we have a bottomless pit of cash.

If so bring them all in; I suspect not or they would have already been here. 

On the other hand players who we had the money to buy may have been reluctant to come here with an unknown chairman, unknown head coach and a totally new team that included several foreigners that nobody had ever heard of.

We might look a much more enticing place to commit your future to now.

Its great even reading stuff like that though, however wide of the mark it may or may not be - its great being Wednesday at the moment. :biggrin:

On the other hand players who we had the money to buy may have been reluctant to come here with an unknown chairman, unknown head coach and a totally new team that included several foreigners that nobody had ever heard of.

We might look a much more enticing place to commit your future to now.

Thats a good point isn't it.

Before anyone can answer the Rhodes McCormack conundrum. We need to ask ourselves about our resources...Do we have a bottomless pit of cash.

no offence nev but 1st you say they arnt worth the money and then you say if we have the money bring them in ........sign or do we look around for better at the cheaper end of the market ?...

Have a look at the profits of TUF......

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/AC/Profits-jump-79-with-acquisition-spree 

They are buying a US company for $1.5 Billion......... 

I suppose you've inadvertently hit on a potential problem, where would he play? How would we fit him into the side, which we would surely have to do, after shelling out £15m? Who would you leave out to accommodate him?

Recently we have started with...

Nuhiu/Hooper

Joao/ Fessi

Nuhiu/Fessi

I would start every game with...

Rhodes/Fessi

Rhodes/Joao and Fessi attacking mid.

Rhodes would be unstoppable, as his stats show