McCormack AND Rhodes

I'm not convinced Rhodes or McCormack would turn us into promotion certainties, and that's what you'd need them to do, if you're shelling out that sort of money. Of course they'd enhance our chances, even if they were just sat on the bench, but we might also lose something in trying to fit them into the system. Knowing how we play, neither seems an obvious fit.

bloody hell guru youve been banging on for a year wanting a goalscorer now your turning them away .........no one can turn us into promotion certainties but either of them 2 would strengthen the squad ......ive asked you this before who would you want or are you now happy with what we have .

Guest wilyfox

Rhodes would not fit the team, fails the work ethic test.

McCormack beginning to look like he's had his best days.

Better value to be had elsewhere !

Eh?

Rhodes would be no worse a fit than Hooper. McCormack is amongst the top scorers in the division again this season, and is arguably the most complete attacker in the championship with his record for goals and assists combined.

Rhodes would not fit the team, fails the work ethic test.

McCormack beginning to look like he's had his best days.

Better value to be had elsewhere !

Every time that I see Rhodes play he always puts a shift in.

Not that it even really matters when you have the goal scoring pedigree that he does.

bloody hell guru youve been banging on for a year wanting a goalscorer now your turning them away .........no one can turn us into promotion certainties but either of them 2 would strengthen the squad ......ive asked you this before who would you want or are you now happy with what we have .

As Wily says, you always look to strengthen, it's an ongoing process. If we signed either of those two, they'd add something to the squad for sure. However, yes, I am pretty satisfied with what we have. I think potentially, our best front three would be Forestieri, Joao and Matias. I believe all three could make the step up. As for the goalscorer most feel we need, hopefully Hooper will fill that void.

Their exec believes they can pass FFP and get the embargo lifted without selling Rhodes. Maybe they've found new investment, I don't know. It's in their best interests to do so if they can.

Ahhh right I'm with ya. If that's all true then yeah you'd expect there resolve to hold. 

Rhodes would not fit into the team...???

Let's compare him v McCormack

Age 25 v 29

Goals/appearances each season starting with current season-

Rhodes 8/12 McC 10/18

21/47 19/51

25/48 29/47

28/48 8/39

30/50 19/48

40/45 2/20

22/48. 2/4

23/53. 5/41

Rhodes' record over a sustained period reads like Roy of the Rovers. Doesn't get injured too.

Final piece in the jigsaw for me. Imagine him on the sharp end of moves with Fessi, Lucas and Bannan, or meeting crosses from Wallace, Pudil and Hunt.

He's good enough for me, and some.

Rhodes would not fit into the team...???

Let's compare him v McCormack

Age 25 v 29

Goals/appearances each season starting with current season-

Rhodes 8/12 McC 10/18

21/47 19/51

25/48 29/47

28/48 8/39

30/50 19/48

40/45 2/20

22/48. 2/4

23/53. 5/41

Rhodes' record over a sustained period reads like Roy of the Rovers. Doesn't get injured too.

Final piece in the jigsaw for me. Imagine him on the sharp end of moves with Fessi, Lucas and Bannan, or meeting crosses from Wallace, Pudil and Hunt.

He's good enough for me, and some.

I suppose you've inadvertently hit on a potential problem, where would he play? How would we fit him into the side, which we would surely have to do, after shelling out £15m? Who would you leave out to accommodate him?

Not sure about spending over £15m on rhodes, i reckon its bull their chairman saying they don't need to sell and can get around FFP

. I prefer us to find a £3m gem and then seeing their value increase like joao.

spend silly money when we are established in the prem. I want Mr C here for the long term. But if he's happy splashing the cash then so be it, they know what they're doing.

If Hooper comes good and lives up to the hype then we will be saying rhodes who?

As Wily says, you always look to strengthen, it's an ongoing process. If we signed either of those two, they'd add something to the squad for sure. However, yes, I am pretty satisfied with what we have. I think potentially, our best front three would be Forestieri, Joao and Matias. I believe all three could make the step up. As for the goalscorer most feel we need, hopefully Hooper will fill that void.

so do you think  hooper is better than rhodes ? .....all i know is that you always want to improve once your satisfied with what you have then it doesnt get any better and thats when you start going slowly downhill .....