McCormack AND Rhodes

Well I'd certainly have to lower myself to some sort of personal spaff if that happened, however if neither are really Premiership class (if they were they'd be there by now) are they really a long term option?

One or t'other to get promoted but spank £20m on both only to decide they're not up to it come August?

Guest wilyfox

Why aren't they available? Everyone has there price tag.

If you think McCormack is available then you're kidding yourself, and Blackburn still stand firm on Rhodes. Both clubs want to get back to the premier league, however likely or unlikely that is.

No way, unless we are selling Joao.  Even then I reckon we would go for a big fella not two little uns!

Wouldn't swap Joao for either of those. If we can get Hooper up to speed, just try and extend his loan, we really don't need to be shelling out £15m

If you think McCormack is available then you're kidding yourself, and Blackburn still stand firm on Rhodes. Both clubs want to get back to the premier league, however likely or unlikely that is.

Yeah but you said they were unavailable but at the end of the day if you offer 14 million for Rhodes Blackburn will bubblewrap him, box him and send him special delivery.

Like I said every player has a price. Apart from Messi.

Guest wilyfox

Yeah but you said they were unavailable but at the end of the day if you offer 14 million for Rhodes Blackburn will bubblewrap him, box him and send him special delivery.

I don't think they would - not if that offer came from another championship club. Think they will only consider offers from above. Rhodes hasn't helped himself in that respect by signing contract extensions.

Plus, McCormack recently signed a new 3yr deal. I doubt another champ club would get him out of Fulham. His value peaked last year, and Fulham have no reason or intention to sell.

I don't think they would - not if that offer came from another championship club. Think they will only consider offers from above. Rhodes hasn't helped himself in that respect by signing contract extensions.

Plus, McCormack recently signed a new 3yr deal. I doubt another champ club would get him out of Fulham. His value peaked last year, and Fulham have no reason or intention to sell.

Why wouldn't they? I thought they were up poo poo creek without a paddle. As for McCormack, I'm not too fussed anyway as he's not getting any younger. Better prospects out there for a lot cheaper.

But just to be mentioned in the same sentence as these two is a bit unbelievable. 

Guest wilyfox

Why wouldn't they? I thought they were up poo poo creek without a paddle.

Their exec believes they can pass FFP and get the embargo lifted without selling Rhodes. Maybe they've found new investment, I don't know. It's in their best interests to do so if they can.

I'm not convinced Rhodes or McCormack would turn us into promotion certainties, and that's what you'd need them to do, if you're shelling out that sort of money. Of course they'd enhance our chances, even if they were just sat on the bench, but we might also lose something in trying to fit them into the system. Knowing how we play, neither seems an obvious fit.