STOKE BEAMBACK

Guest Deleted member

How much do you think the screen cost to buy?

ADI's prices don't seem to be online anywhere, but looking around at other companies it looks like it could have been well over £10,000 just to rent the 3 screens for the day, with delivery and construction on top of that.

TBF I've been one of the biggest moaners about ticketing this year and not just about the pricing but in this I Think the club have made a real effort and got it spot on with pricing et al...

No doubt they'l be using the WP signal so there will probably be a "slight" delay to true live... I just wish they could put a live "beam back" onto WP, I'd pay a one off tenner to be able to see it, we might not be playing any more Premier league teams for another couple of years...

ADI's prices don't seem to be online anywhere, but looking around at other companies it looks like it could have been well over £10,000 just to rent the 3 screens for the day, with delivery and construction on top of that.

With decent viewing & marketed correctly, we could have attracted 10K at £10 = £100K.

Could have made a small profit with the rented 3 screens. Shame we're being made to pay for the Hillsborough screen this way.

I think that's why. Think the club agreed it would be too costly to rent 3 big screens like before, for a match they're not sure how big the attendance would be.

I'm sure we'd have done it for a derby game, or promotion decider (fingers crossed). So this is better than nothing so the club should still be praised by offering a chance to watch it.

Wouldn't want to be stuck sat near the kop end of the North though!

If Chanseri reads this site he will probably think "sod it" in thai of course "I have better things to spend my money on than trying to please these moaning gits"

Can't believe somebody goes to the trouble of looking up numbers on the web so they can have another moan.

If Chanseri reads this site he will probably think "sod it" in thai of course "I have better things to spend my money on than trying to please these moaning gits"

Can't believe somebody goes to the trouble of looking up numbers on the web so they can have another moan.

3 bigs screen c10K

The attendance would only have to be 1000 bigger to cover the cost.

Surely a decent viewing would increase the attendacnce by >1000.

Reckon it would add a least a couple of grand and prove cost effective.

It was the same price for the two SUFC beambacks where the club had the massive cost of hiring screens for the game. I also sense they were both more highly anticipated than this one will be. If they were hiring screens for this match then sure, a tenner is fine, but having to watch the scoreboard from a distance is a different matter. You could describe it as passable at best, but it's far from "great" pricing.

Some people seem to think that the club is a charity.

It's their job to make money, to pay the players wages.

If I am reading this right Wednesday have installed a screen at great expense that apparently

A) Is not big enough to view from the North

B) Can not be used for a Beam back

Think I may hire a bigger telly to watch the Boxing this weekend just to hear how many words my missus can use to describe an imbecile

As somebody who attends most games and attending the stoke match.

What happens at these beambacks? Does everyone sit down and start singing songs? And if we score does everyone jump up and start clapping at a screen?

I find the whole concept extremely odd.

With the rule of being allowed alcohol at your seat does this mean you are also allowed to do a pitch invasion.

Please explain to me what happened when we played at lane?

As somebody who attends most games and attending the stoke match.

What happens at these beambacks? Does everyone sit down and start singing songs? And if we score does everyone jump up and start clapping at a screen?

I find the whole concept extremely odd.

With the rule of being allowed alcohol at your seat does this mean you are also allowed to do a pitch invasion.

Please explain to me what happened when we played at lane?

It's like an away game. Everybody congregates on the concourse, bounces up and down while throwing beer at each other and misses the game.