The Upside Of Being In The Top 6 At Christmas

Assuming we achieve it of course.

Mr C will give Carlos the cash to make promotion happen this season.

Merry Christmas everyone from Mr C.

Best Christmas present ever.

Mr C is Santa Claus innit?

And no more bleeding talk of selling our best players.

Even better.

Assuming we achieve it of course.

Mr C will give Carlos the cash to make promotion happen this season.

Merry Christmas everyone from Mr C.

Best Christmas present ever.

Mr C is Santa Claus innit?

And no more bleeding talk of selling our best players.

Even better.

It would take a lot of cash to try and get auto promotion at this stage now....and even if we spent a lot and finished in the playoffs still very tough to go up.

I'm happy in the position we are in now, along as we keep players like Joao,Lees,Westwood,Lee,Bannan when the window opens in January and if we keep playing how we have been we could sneak into the playoffs.

At this stage the most important thing is to build a team for next season, it's not about throwing money at players to force something we could just achieve next season anyway.

I wouldn't want us to bring in some more new players now just as we have a real team developing, no reason to upset players or rush plans just yet. Patience is key, yes we can improve in areas but the squad we have right now is very good, all the potential there to make the play offs already - no reason to spend needlessly unless we could guarantee auto promotion. Save the spending for summer.

The other upside is any good players that are up for grabs or a loan move, will look towards a top 6 club rather than one in the bottom 1/2 or relegation zone.

We have seen that seen that over the past few years, missing out on players to fire us away from trouble, or help out with defence etc.

To that end we really do need to try and stay around he play offs, but any addition must be willing to be a squad player and not throw the toys out of the pram if they don't play week in week out.

We have a cacking squad and we don't want a few numpties turning up thinking they are the dogs b*ll*cks and wrecking all the hard work that has been put in so far this season.

From what I've seen of other teams in the top ten either at Hillsborough or live on tv they are no better or worse than us.we have a fantastic squad, with a lot more quality than some teams. 1 or 2 quality additions in January and anything could happen. Consistency is what is neede to get out of this league and we have shown we are capable of putting a string of results together

It would take a lot of cash to try and get auto promotion at this stage now....and even if we spent a lot and finished in the playoffs still very tough to go up.

I'm happy in the position we are in now, along as we keep players like Joao,Lees,Westwood,Lee,Bannan when the window opens in January and if we keep playing how we have been we could sneak into the playoffs.

At this stage the most important thing is to build a team for next season, it's not about throwing money at players to force something we could just achieve next season anyway.

I wouldn't want us to bring in some more new players now just as we have a real team developing, no reason to upset players or rush plans just yet. Patience is key, yes we can improve in areas but the squad we have right now is very good, all the potential there to make the play offs already - no reason to spend needlessly unless we could guarantee auto promotion. Save the spending for summer.

Not sure I agree with this - I think we are already good enough (with a little luck) to finish top 6, then the play offs are a bit of a lottery.

So I don't think we would necessarily need a "lot of cash" to get promotion - it would obviously help but we're not far off with our current squad, we have real quality in depth.

I'm sure we will already be aware of who we want to get in come January. They have to fit and they have to improve the squad..if we can't get them it won't be the end of the world or the season.

We no longer need to be held to ransom like in the past so we'll be canny but we won't get screwed by over inflated January prices. 

Any loan signing will need to want to be part of the Wednesday.

Exciting innit...

At the start of the season Carlos did not know his best side. How could he? He now does. I don't think we want anybody new in Jan, unless it's a cast-iron improvement so a certain starter.

The only player we have repeatedly talked about that gets a guaranteed start is Rhodes. If we get him, fantastic. If not I am happy with the current squad and the current best XI.

Of course it's possible that Chansiri, Carlos and Roeder have a nice juicy surprise lined up for us on Jan 2nd.

From what I've seen of other teams in the top ten either at Hillsborough or live on tv they are no better or worse than us.we have a fantastic squad, with a lot more quality than some teams. 1 or 2 quality additions in January and anything could happen. Consistency is what is neede to get out of this league and we have shown we are capable of putting a string of results together

Agree. What positions would you sign players for ? if say we had £5m for two players, all hypothetical of course

Guest Johnbloodaxe

We still haven't seen Lopez and matias play with the likes of Forrestieri and hooper yet. Or Bannan for that matter. Very exciting times ahead!

Don't forget Sougou, we've not seen the best of him yet either. Plus Melo at some stage too!!

you cant not sign anyone just because it may upset the players we already have .if this squad as the potential like you say to make the play offs then if we can strengthen further perhaps they will have the potential to gain automatic ,.....you cant just wait for next season if the players are available to strenghten us then now is the time to go for them .we are in there scrapping and have a chance, we should go for it .