Blackburn away is a real opportunity to make up ground

As long as we are averaging 2 points a game drawing one won't be the calamity that the OP thinks...our home form will see to that

We are only averaging 2 points per game at home so how will drawing away see to us averaging 2 points a game overall?

I think what Shandy was trying to say is we need to win if we want to keep the pressure on the top 6 considering the weekend fixture schedule.

Cheers Ronio. Exactly that. So eloquently put also. Some others don't half jump to conclusions. You stated exactly what I wanted to express. I was trying to say that we need to take advantage of weekends like next.

Thanks.

I think Blackburn away, in their first home game under lambert is a stinker. He was a top player and has shown he is a good manager. They will be well organised, rejuvenated, and they have a fantastic striker!

Happily take a draw, and move on. I think this is as tough as any fixture up to Christmas.

This really, a win would be a real mark of intent but its all about not losing really this one.

Home form seems sorted but we still need to show that level in our away games, which hasn't quite happened yet apart from Newcastle when we were excellent.

Charlton, Bolton, QPR, Burnley were all games when we weren't at our best. We've had good spells in some away games though (Brentford 1st half, Rotherham) but they are weaker teams so I think it will come soon but we can't be expecting an easy win just yet.

I fully expect Rhodes to score, so we will need two, which we are well  capable of getting. 

As already said , a big chance to close up on a couple of those above us . I really cant see Brum winning at Brighton, so a win for us would send us into the play offs. 

And you know what mate, i've pencilled this in as Brighton's first loss, such is the wierd nature of this league. Birmingham are fantastic away from home.

I think a draw at Blackburn would be a decent result.

It's their new managers first home game in charge, they're bound to be fired up for this one and with Jordan Rhodes up front, they're always going to be a threat.

This will be a really tough match.

there all tough its not an easy division we all know that .....but dont buy into its  a new manager so its going to be tougher .they are what they are, you can be as fired as you want but if your a good / bad/ indifferent side it shouldnt make any difference .....i think we are better than them so if we play our best then no reason we cant win no matter what they do .