January signings

I think Matias and Forestieri have the flexibility to interchange behind Joao. Never really thought of Matias as a winger, well not in the way we think of wingers. He seemed to get most of his goals in Portugal, that I saw anyway, from inside the box, alongside the striker. The nearer we get the likes of Forestieri and Matias to Joao, the more chances of a goal. With that system, the width would more likely be supplied by the full backs

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox

I wouldn't rule out Matias as a possible cover for Forestieri just yet. Think that might be his best position.

That is what I thought initially, but Carlos was adamant he didn't have anyone to link our midfield and attack before signing Forestieri. We may think he can play there, but if Carlos doesn't think so then we'll need another.

That is what I thought initially, but Carlos was adamant he didn't have anyone to link our midfield and attack before signing Forestieri. We may think he can play there, but if Carlos doesn't think so then we'll need another.

When he played MM off Joao at Newcastle it seemed to work fine

Thought he looked better as a number 10 than a winger

Guest wilyfox

When he played MM off Joao at Newcastle it seemed to work fine

Thought he looked better as a number 10 than a winger

I agree, but going by what Carlos has said previously, that isn't his preference.

Imo we need to sign a pacey winger, a midfield general and a striker(unless Hooper starts banging them in)

After lots of "research" i have concluded that we should sign the following:

Luciano Slavgeer- 22 year old Dutch winger from Heerenveen in Holland

:manager:

Been talking about this guy for ages! If you ever want any good young players, Heerenveen is a centre for it. They have a reputation for flogging young players off once they've developed to make a profit. Look through their team and it's like a Pick n Mix of who you could buy.

Also, Alfred Finnbogason had his reputation ruined in Real Sociedad, we could buy him and he's exactly the guy we need. Nothing special, no miraculous pace or height but that guy can put the ball in the back of the goal whenever and wherever he wants.

Atm we have three strikers who could get 15+. Hooper is quality, we can't let a few misses persuade us he's not.

We need hutch cover and competition for Wallace.

It's about the fringe players like matias slotting in seamlessly more than signing new players imo

I don't think we need Rhodes. The strikers we have bring more to the team than the extra 5 goals season would bring

Edited by Eightace

Pace and guile on the right wing. That bloke from Holland does look mint.

Or Matt Phillips, he needs a move away from QPR, stagnating there.

Philips needs a move. I would welcome this any day.

Would pretty much complete our 11 but with the top 2 spots still some way off.

It becomes quite difficult then because we are no longer trading out poor players which is very easy to do.

For me the players we need improving on are, Hunt and Wallace.

Hunt has been at fault for plenty of goals and I dont think he has created anything all season. Gets in behind so much but his delivery is about as good as JJs.

Wallace has the best delivery I have seen however barely covers much ground over 90 minutes.

A few fringe players need replacing too.

Could see a huge difference with just a few injuries I'm afraid.

Edited by zakswfc

Philips needs a move. I would welcome this any day.

Would pretty much complete our 11 but with the top 2 spots still some way off.

It becomes quite difficult then because we are no longer trading out poor players which is very easy to do.

For me the players we need improving on are, Hunt and Wallace.

Hunt has been at fault for plenty of goals and I dont think he has created anything all season. Gets in behind so much but his delivery is about as good as JJs.

Wallace has the best delivery I have seen however barely covers much ground over 90 minutes.

A few fringe players need replacing too.

Could see a huge difference with just a few injuries I'm afraid.

pretty much spot on 

Westwood

Hunt       Lees         Loovens/turner   Pudil

Hutchinson 

Lee            Bannan

Matias                                        Forestierre

Joao

Imagine how leathal we are in attack when we win possession with that team and Hutch holding

How creamy is this:

Westwood

Pudil Lees Turner Hunt

Three of Lopez, Lees, Hutch, Wallace or Bannan depending on opposition

Matias Forestieri

Joao

I just spuffed!

"Spuffed" - even at my age Im learning new words. I think I have worked out the meaning.

I agree looks great.

As for January lets not forget we have the following largely untried....

Hooper, Matias, Lopez, Sougou.

Unless Carlos has already decided one or two of these wont suit us, he must surely need to try them out before buying again.

We need a Bannan clone - his energy is vital.

I would be quite happy to go to the end of the season with the same squad TBH.

I kind of agree, I can't see Hoopers loan just being for the period it is. I'd be very surprised if the rest of the season hasn't already been agreed