January signings

Imo we need to sign a pacey winger, a midfield general and a striker(unless Hooper starts banging them in)

After lots of "research" i have concluded that we should sign the following:

Luciano Slavgeer- 22 year old Dutch winger from Heerenveen in Holland

He scores some good goals in this video

72 rated on fifa(91 pace) and has a potential of 77

(I know fifa has nothing to do with real life but still)

Transfer Markt value of £1M but imo he would probably be worth £2-3M

Jordan Rhodes is the obvious choice for a striker, i believe that we need a proven championship striker and he fits the bill

The midfielder i believe we should sign is Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen, 20 years old and 6ft who can also play in defence. 70 rated on fifa with 83 potential, reckon he would cost £3-4M

Also already has 7 caps for Ghana.

Has a rocket shot and reminds me of Toure abit.

Should Tom Lees be sold the another centre back will be required. An english one would be best.

Jason Pearce from Wigan looks s decent player.

Took me almost an hour to make this thread so enjoy

:manager:

Getting Hutch, Bannan and Sougou back in the matchday squad will help a lot.

Jury still out on Hooper for mine. I was very keen to bring him in and haven't changed my mind yet. Needs more time, and we have until Christmas to make a decision.

Good business by the club there.

Get Hooper in to see how things go over a reasonable period, then if it doesn't work we can try an alternative for the rest of the season.

If it does work out then we can make a move for a full transfer in Jan if that's needed/wanted.

Edited by themaskedowl

I've been massively impressed with how quickly we have put together a very good squad & have some very good players that are starting to read each other well.

The areas of the squad I think could be improved are bringing in another wide option, preferably with pace to provide something different to Wallace. Helan has done okay when called upon but I think better quality is needed to get us out of the Championship.

Then the obvious weakness is a regular scorer, a goal machine. Something that every club would like. Lucas is showing signs he could well be the man but should he keep progressing the way he is & the way football is we could lose him. A goal scorer should be priority in January, maybe 2 if we do lose Lucas.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we leave January as we are now & keep what we have. A longer deal for Bannan & agreeing a deal for Pudil & Hunt to make their moves permanent I hope are also on the agenda.

Guest wilyfox

Personally, I think the two positions we need to strengthen are cover and competition for Hutchinson and Forestieri. Carlos says we only have one no.10, so if anything happens to Fernando - even if it's just fatigue - we don't have an alternative without changing how we play.

Guest wilyfox

A front three of Forestieri, Joao and Matias beckons, and those three could cause defences all sorts of problems

I agree. Forestieri at the top of a diamond is how I think Carlos wants to play. I reckon there's a lot more to come from Matias once he adapts.

Personally, I think the two positions we need to strengthen are cover and competition for Hutchinson and Forestieri. Carlos says we only have one no.10, so if anything happens to Fernando - even if it's just fatigue - we don't have an alternative without changing how we play.

I wouldn't rule out Matias as a possible cover for Forestieri just yet. Think that might be his best position.

I agree. Forestieri at the top of a diamond is how I think Carlos wants to play. I reckon there's a lot more to come from Matias once he adapts.

And he has already had a reasonably successful link up with Joao, back in Portugal. Those three offer everything, trickery, pace and power, plus goals

There's a player in matias, the technique behind his goal against leeds shows that, I don't think he's quite quick enough to be a winger in English game, put him just off the striker and he'll show his worth imo. The problem is how does he dislodge forestieri?