Clear progress

I think we've found a system that works.

Most of the teams in this league, play a hit and hope 4-4-2 or flood the midfield with a 4-5-1.

With our formation having a sitting anchor like Hutchinson, Semedo or Lopez we're able to control the game better, leave less holes in the back four and limit the oppositions opportunities. I wasn't a fan of the formation at first but now it's clearly working and we're able to see the rewards.

Be great to see Marco Matias, Forestieri and Wallace behind Joao at some point this season 

I don't disagree bigash but I also think its a case of having 20 or more really really good players who just took a month to gel.

Now they have had ten weeks together with CC and each other it is beginning to fall into place, hence being able to swap seven starters and still performing.

Impressed so far. Thought CC would take longer to adapt. We have great strength in depth and at the moment the squad seem to be all pulling in the same direction.

With big players like Joao starting to find his feet and Lopez, Matias and Melo still to make an impact we can get stronger. If we are well placed for January then we may just see Chansiri trying to feed the momentum with some signings too.

Its strange how we're now playing in such a typically English style.

• 4 across the middle
  • Only one out and out winger at a time
  • Big man up top
  • Not worrying about dominating posession too much

I didn't think CC would be so adaptive but he's found a formula that works and long may it continue.

Still need a striker to really make a difference though, Big Dave was absolutely shocking last night. 

It is positive that we are able to rotate the team and make changes while maintaining a good level of performance due to strength in depth. In previous seasons, anything other than our best 11 would usually result in a loss. This should give us an advantage during busy periods.

Its strange how we're now playing in such a typically English style.

• 4 across the middle
  • Only one out and out winger at a time
  • Big man up top
  • Not worrying about dominating posession too much

I didn't think CC would be so adaptive but he's found a formula that works and long may it continue.

Still need a striker to really make a difference though, Big Dave was absolutely shocking last night.

Agree to an extent. I usually like Nuhui but he had to deal with too many high balls and for some reason when he jumps his head sinks so he he actually gains no height at all. He needs ball to feet to play 1 touch football. He is good at holding up the ball and plaiying short passes to the runner.

Thought Joao was worked out quickly last night as well. He is a fantastic prospect but for some reason he shields the ball with his back to goal and waits far too long to pass resulting in him losing the ball. I also think Hull worked thisout 2nd half on Saturday which is why he was great first half but not so good 2nd. 

He will progress though you can tell he has it all it just needs to click for him.

Would defo agree with the OP's statement. The fact that the majority feel like we lost out on two points last night tells a story in itself. We have come a long way already and we will get better. Get a good striker in the Jan transfer window and we'll be laughing. 

So there's no progression? UTO

I do think there's progression, it's just a shame the progress hasn't been converted into points yet. And that's what it's all about.

Hopefully the progress will continue and we'll start winning games like the two we've just drawn.

I don't think we're a million miles away. Joao getting to 100% will be key. Looks an absolute class act.