DECEMBER FIXTURE CHANGES

Three of the Owls’ Championship fixtures have been switched in December.

The home game against Derby and visit to Middlesbrough have been selected for live television coverage on Sky, while our Hillsborough clash versus Wolves moves back 24 hours. 

The Rams clash, originally scheduled for Saturday 5 December, will now take place on Sunday 6 December, kick-off 1.15pm. 

Wednesday’s trip to Middlesbrough, meanwhile, stays on Monday 28 December but will start at 5.15pm. 

Finally, our hosting of Wolves, originally pencilled in for Saturday 19 December, will now be played the next day on Sunday 20 December at 2.00pm given Wanderers’ selection for Sky the previous Thursday.

Owlstalk Shop

The whole World is getting Sheffield Wednesday for Christmas.

New telly and satellite sales will be booming worldwide.

Our Thai, and other Asian fans, will be looking forward to December with anticipation.

We'll be on in every bar in the world.

Australians will be saying "We're All Wednesday Aren't We Cobbers?"

Thais will be saying "We all Wednesday Are Not We?"

Eastern Europeans will be saying "Vare all Wensdyski"

And as we start our new World domination, with Mr C at the helm, we shall post on Owls Talk, moaning about the inconvenience of it all as we'd planned to visit Aunt Beryl's.

Good news though, the BBC's big Christmas Day movie is Carry On Moaning.

Chuffing televised football pays about 30% of our budget and everyone else's.

Definitely upped the number of games on Sky this season - been up to 4 a week sometimes so given there are 12 games per round of fixtures then the probability of being chosen is quite high.

Don't mind the away games being on

Home games can be a pain though. Next Saturday I won't bother coming now as it means I can stay and watch my lad play and then avoid 4+ hours on the M1

Chuffing televised football pays about 30% of our budget and everyone else's.

Definitely upped the number of games on Sky this season - been up to 4 a week sometimes so given there are 12 games per round of fixtures then the probability of being chosen is quite high.

Don't mind the away games being on

Home games can be a pain though. Next Saturday I won't bother coming now as it means I can stay and watch my lad play and then avoid 4+ hours on the M1

For most of us, away games on TV are even worse for TV. Means either setting off at the crack of dawn or getting back really late.

I appreciate that this is what happens for rearranged home games for you though.

For most of us, away games on TV are even worse for TV. Means either setting off at the crack of dawn or getting back really late.

I appreciate that this is what happens for rearranged home games for you though.

Fair point - personal choice means each home game is an away game for me and many other Wednesday fans. My away trips tend to be just the southern ones so any Northern away games on Sky are bonus games as far as I see it. Justifies the subscription

The whole World is getting Sheffield Wednesday for Christmas.

New telly and satellite sales will be booming worldwide.

Our Thai, and other Asian fans, will be looking forward to December with anticipation.

We'll be on in every bar in the world.

Australians will be saying "We're All Wednesday Aren't We Cobbers?"

Thais will be saying "We all Wednesday Are Not We?"

Eastern Europeans will be saying "Vare all Wensdyski"

And as we start our new World domination, with Mr C at the helm, we shall post on Owls Talk, moaning about the inconvenience of it all as we'd planned to visit Aunt Beryl's.

Good news though, the BBC's big Christmas Day movie is Carry On Moaning.

In that case, prepare for the floodlights mysteriously going out.