Adthe Nuhiu Contract

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Most consistent goal scorer over the last few seasons 

8 league goals last season mmm that's very consistent

Deserves a new contract definitely. I'd give him 2 years. Over the last 3 seasons I personally have seen an improvement in nuhiu's game. He's still at a good age and I have a nagging feeling in my head says he's going to be one of these late bloomers with a bit more experience and know how. Not saying he has to be first choice going forward, but definitely worthy of a place in a pool of strikers challenging at the top.

The old Nuhiu argument again. Some fans rate him, some don't and to be fair you're going to get this argument when it comes to most players. For some reason Nuhiu is always singled out and talked about.

My take on the argument. He's currently our joint top scorer and he was our top scorer last season. Even though I didn't feel he particularly played well against Preston, when he was taken off the game swung in Preston's favour. We are a better side with him in it than without him which makes him one of our better players. You should always look to keep your better players, that's obvious isn't it?

Guest owl from retford

Doesn't score enough goals granted but you cannot fault his build up play gives us something other strikers don't another 2 years sounds good

I like the guy and think he is the best we currently have. I'm happy if we do give him a new contract.

Having said that we really need someone who is a goalscorer.  Atdhe brings a lot to the team but he isn't an out and out goalscorer. If we are serious about promotion we need someone who can do the business on a regular basis. OK it's expensive but that's the difference between top half and promotion.

Deserves a new contract definitely. I'd give him 2 years. Over the last 3 seasons I personally have seen an improvement in nuhiu's game. He's still at a good age and I have a nagging feeling in my head says he's going to be one of these late bloomers with a bit more experience and know how. Not saying he has to be first choice going forward, but definitely worthy of a place in a pool of strikers challenging at the top.

Agree with this. Either one or two year contract would be good IMO.

I can't see Nuhiu's contract offer being true if I'm honest.  With the exception of Bannan (whom I believe should be offered at least three years now), I would hope that we will wait until the last quarter of the season before offering any of the players extensions to their contracts.  If there is no chance of promotion after, say, February then consider offering a contract extension to the players coming to the end of their contracts; however, be selective with the offers. 

I can't see Nuhiu's contract offer being true if I'm honest.  With the exception of Bannan (whom I believe should be offered at least three years now), I would hope that we will wait until the last quarter of the season before offering any of the players extensions to their contracts.  If there is no chance of promotion after, say, February then consider offering a contract extension to the players coming to the end of their contracts; however, be selective with the offers. 

I think its probably in the balance too but personally I hope he signs a one year extension.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

To all the clowns saying top scorer last season and joint this year we only fecking play with 1 striker! even stephen hawking would be top scorer in this team if he was the lone forward (and he would be more mobile than nuhiu) i can't get my head around the fans accepting a striker that doesn't score many and runs like he's towing a caravan, we have an owner willing to shop at waitrose but we still favour aldi instead! (shocking comparison i know lol)

Let's be honest, he couldn't hit a wig with his head but it's strange how the team always plays better when he's on the pitch..

Personally I've thought for a long time that Nuhiu is a MUCH better footballer than people give him credit for. We've always been missing a trick by thinking we can just kick it at his head and expect him to do something with it just because he's tall.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Nuhiu is still in the team, still so well regarded by the management and still playing first team football, despite money being spent for the first time since he's been here, at a time when we're playing the most and best football we've been played in about 20 years. I don't think Nuhiu will ever be an entirely reliable goalscorer, but I think he's an actual footballer and his contribution to THIS team is obvious.

I think we would be silly in the extreme to allow him to leave to Championship rivals for nothing.