How many games a season would be ideal for you.

As much as i love live football and don't miss a home game and get to most away games, i think we have it about right.

Sure, i don't half miss and pine for watching Wednesday during the Summer months but i think it's important to have this 'pain' to keep the enthusiasm at it's absolute peak. It's a crucial cycle.

I no longer have sky sports as can't justify staying in on a sunday and having another 2 hours taken up by other teams in usually bland games.

I reached saturation point years ago.

I'd be a little frightened of this happening with the mighty Owls if we had more games although i'm sure this wouldn't happen.

Last season at home ran me close though lol

Like a few have said, i'd gladly do away with the international break and have more Saturday 3pm's

It's interesting with the baseball, must be an enormous commitment having a season ticket. With the exception of the pitchers though its very undemanding physically so its quite easy for them. I agree with the OP I'd like to see 75 games a season. Football teams would obviously need to double their squad sizes though, which would take some getting used to. 

Lachman might even make the bench.

I disagree, it's our natural style of play that doesn't work.

Our football is fast, pressing, running around and getting up and down. You can't do that in a 30+ degree heat and that's why we look knackered in the summer. Other teams play keep ball type football while our teams want a striker that runs around and works hard. I bet if you look at our tournament games at night over day we would have a better record as a result of this.

I think it pushing it to consider darts to be a sport - but poker?????

Went to a NY Yankees game last season. They play around 80 home games each season and get close on 40,000 capacity for each match, so the demand from the spectators is definitely there.

Each baseball team will have several pitchers, each of whom will be used sparingly in each match. Other than that, apart from the odd sprint between bases and legging it to the boundary when fielding, baseball players can comfortably fit in a game per day.

Football is slightly different in that the modern game requires that players take several days to recover between matches. Playing a game every two or three days is not sustainable for the whole season so the practical limit for any professional football club would be around sixty matches (including home and away).

Clubs in the lower leagues may well get close to this total when adding up League, League Cup, FA Cup, JPT and friendly fixtures whereas players in the top two divisions can add international appearances to their PL/Championship, FA Cup, League Cup and tournament/friendly programme.

I like it as it is and I even enjoy Tuesday night games as it breaks up the work week.

However, on a different note I would like to see a home nations football tournament every other year during Summer. Similar to how we used to do it but just the tournament with points not counting to group qualifiers of euros or wc.

One country every other year can host Either a league group or just semi's and a final. Only between Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. I would even go as far as to say do a similar tournament for U21's.

Summers are boring without football to relax to and England need to get better competitively so this may help playing games for pride and playing games for something that matters.

They play five games in a row against the same opposition over the course of a week to limit travel times.

A lot of baseball fans have season tickets and just wander in and out during the match/turn up halfway through the 4th innings/leave early because it's raining and they WILL play until they get a result even if it lasts until 2am...

It's a completely different culture.

They play five games in a row against the same opposition over the course of a week to limit travel times.

A lot of baseball fans have season tickets and just wander in and out during the match/turn up halfway through the 4th innings/leave early because it's raining and they WILL play until they get a result even if it lasts until 2am...

It's a completely different culture.

Do teams have die hard fans that will go to all 160 games in a season? I suppose it would be impossible if you were employed.

Far too many games as it is.

Top league should be 18 teams

Championship 20 or 22.

Scrap cup replays.

Midweek games should just be for European ties.

Bring in a winter break.

I've long been of the opinion that there should be 100 teams in the English league: Prem 20, Championship 20, League One 20, League 2 North 20, League 2 South 20.

The fact that Carlisle can play Plymouth on a Tuesday night is nothing short of ridiculous.

Guest Mickey Matn

The North / South divide of League two does make some sense, but it can all end up a bit lopsided both geographically and in terms of quality.

Put simply there are a lot more (and better) teams in the "south".

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

Judging by most of the comments on here one category A game per season on a 12 month finance deal would be about right ;-)