How many games a season would be ideal for you.

Sat in a pub in York before their game against Donny tonight (more about that later) and I am watching the baseball reporting on Espn. They are putting teams records for the season up and they are like 80 odd wins and 60 odd losses. Suggesting they play around 150 games a season, which must equate to a game every other day during the season.

Now I must admit this seems quite excessive but I would love it if Wednesday played more than 50 or so games a season.

I am a big mark for live football. I don't watch much football at all on TV but I love going to games in the flesh. Thats why, on top of around 40 Wednesday games a season Ai watch another 5-10 Stocksbridge games and another 10-15 as a neutral (hence me being in York tonight as I am following every round of the JPT with my daughter this season, starting with Donny vs Burton last month and following the winners into each round). But I would much rather it me Wednesday I watched more often.

So my question is, how many Wednesday games could would you ideally want to follow in a season, either live and in the flesh or listening to more away games on the radio? Obviously this is not taking into account how many games a team can physically play. Just an ideal world number.

To me, I'd like to see two games per week, ever week with the occasional third game in some weeks. 75 games a season would fuel my obsession quite nicely I think.

Edited by Leaping Lannys Perm

Should be 42 League games

Ditch 4 midweek games

Get rid of the international break gap - tough luck if you lose players

Ditch 4 more midweek games as a result

Start season later in August

Championship suffers from too many 4 games in 10 days spells

Should be 42 League games

Ditch 4 midweek games

Get rid of the international break gap - tough luck if you lose players

Ditch 4 more midweek games as a result

Start season later in August

Championship suffers from too many 4 games in 10 days spells

Losing the international break would go a long way to solving that pile up .

I am a big fan of sport on tv, football being the primary sport but also cricket, boxing, golf, darts,moto gp, f1,poker, American football etc etc with the odd exception I only watch an event if it's live Eg last night was the darts from Ireland.

I probably watch live sport over 275 days a year.

How crazy is American sport - baseball teams play around 140 games and American football teams less than 20!

I reckon English football is about right from a fans perspective, but I do think our players are more knackered than others when the summer international tournaments come around.

How crazy is American sport - baseball teams play around 140 games and American football teams less than 20!

I reckon English football is about right from a fans perspective, but I do think our players are more knackered than others when the summer international tournaments come around.

I disagree, it's our natural style of play that doesn't work.

Our football is fast, pressing, running around and getting up and down. You can't do that in a 30+ degree heat and that's why we look knackered in the summer. Other teams play keep ball type football while our teams want a striker that runs around and works hard. I bet if you look at our tournament games at night over day we would have a better record as a result of this.

As much as I love football, I do think there's to much of it.

It kinda takes the excitement away sometimes if you get me?

Should just have the FA cup, the actual league and champions league.

Ditch the JPT cup, the cup that you play in if you finish 5 or whatever in premier league and maybe ditch the capital one cup.

more than the 4-5 games aseason i get to at the moment thats for sure .....when i comeback i´ll buy a season ticket  (though i may have to buy a smaller house ) and maybe get to around 10 away games probably less if we are in the prem as 50-60quid a pop will price me out

Far too many games as it is.

Top league should be 18 teams

Championship 20 or 22.

Scrap cup replays.

Midweek games should just be for European ties.

Bring in a winter break.

Pretty much as above with the Europa 'league' changed to a league cup style single match knockout decided on the night.