We're all in this together says Carlos Carvalhal

CC has been around a bit, he's been amongst many squads and he's pleasantly surprised by their attitude.

Rightly or wrongly that's how 'modern football' is, these actions shouldn't be a surprise but seemingly they are. Good to hear the players left out are hungry and not just happy to pick up their wage and do bugger all.

Melo clearly getting back to fitness - think he will start to appear on the bench soon.

Think Lachman and Dielna will be gone in Jan

Lachman apparently turns up for training earlier than any of them, and is always looking to stay longer.

Not sure why he hasn't had a start, as he's been impressive in training. Very difficult to dislike lees, loovens and now turner.

A nice positive read. May well be common place but CC seemed impressed by the attitude of this not in the matchday squad.

Carlos Carvalhal has heaped praise on the attitude of his squad after revealing a group of players trained on Saturday morning despite not being in the matchday line-up.

The Sheffield Wednesday head coach said it was ‘unbelievable’ that the group put in the effort despite not being part of his plans for the clash with Preston North End.

And it provides further evidence of the team spirit in the camp according to Carvalhal.

“We had training with some of the players who were not in the squad and it was unbelievable that they trained,” he said.

“Jose Semedo, Modou Sougou, Filipe Melo, Sergiu Bus and Liam Palmer.

“They have got an amazing attitude and I am very happy to see these things.

“It means they are not happy to not be in the team but they are on the pitch and they come together to see the team.

“Everybody belongs and has a part which is very important to me.

“We have a real team.”

Carvalhal admitted it is difficult to leave out players who show such strong desire to be part of his plans.

He said: “I can only pick 18 in the squad so it breaks my heart when I couldn’t put in Semedo, Sougou, Bus and Palmer.

“They are working a lot and deserve to go into the 18.

“They are fantastic professionals and we have a fantastic group and believe they can help the team in the future.”

Pains me too not see some of those even in the squad, especially Palmer and Semedo!

But situations like this are exactly what make us a top top championship team, excellent attitude being shown there from the lads! I think it's safe to safe they'll all get a chance to tie down a starting position as the season goes on and other players form drops, injuries pick up etc, very pleasing the read none the less!

He won't keep them all happy for long. The season's only two months old so it's probably too early for any disgruntled players to spit the dummy out. Will happen eventually though.

can't wait for Carlos to fail!, can you!?

Guest wilyfox

can't wait for Carlos to fail!, can you!?

You what? lol

Why on earth would I want that? It's going to be very difficult to keep all members of a squad this size happy. In the coming months, it's likely there will be players discontent with their role on the sidelines. That's just common sense. If you think players like Dielna, Lavery, and Lachman will be satisfied never making a matchday 18, then you're very naive.

You what? lol

Why on earth would I want that? It's going to be very difficult to keep all members of a squad this size happy. In the coming months, it's likely there will be players discontent with their role on the sidelines. That's just common sense. If you think players like Dielna, Lavery, and Lachman will be satisfied never making a matchday 18, then you're very naive.

In fairness the three you've named seem to be so far away from the squad that their happiness isn't overly important. Perhaps Lavery needs a loan spell to maintain his happiness.

Guest wilyfox

In fairness the three you've named seem to be so far away from the squad that their happiness isn't overly important.

Of course it is. They're still a part of and integrate with the rest of the first team squad. When discontent grows, it can begin to spread through the squad. Divisions and small cliques may arise. Probably not yet, it's too soon; I'm talking further down the line if we retain a squad this size. The three I mentioned need to get out to further their own careers. It could also prevent a problem.

The arrivals of Pudil and Wiggins render Dielna obsolete. Likewise with Lachman after Sasso and Turner followed him into the club. Lavery probably needs a step down in order to move forwards again. He's done with the U21s but can't get in the first 18. He must go somewhere he'd play 30games+ so he can continue his development - be it on loan or permanent.

Of course it is. They're still a part of and integrate with the rest of the first team squad. When discontent grows, it can begin to spread through the squad. Divisions and small cliques may arise. Probably not yet, it's too soon; I'm talking further down the line if we retain a squad this size. The three I mentioned need to get out to further their own careers. It could also prevent a problem.

The arrivals of Pudil and Wiggins render Dielna obsolete. Likewise with Lachman after Sasso and Turner followed him into the club. Lavery probably needs a step down in order to move forwards again. He's done with the U21s but can't get in the first 18. He must go somewhere he'd play 30games+ so he can continue his development - be it on loan or permanent.

Perhaps. Clubs have managed squads of this size for many years now, players out of the team will always moan and those being picked will be generally happy.

It may be a new problem for Wednesday but it's hardly a new problem in football, I'm sure we'll manage.