We're all in this together says Carlos Carvalhal

A nice positive read. May well be common place but CC seemed impressed by the attitude of this not in the matchday squad.

Carlos Carvalhal has heaped praise on the attitude of his squad after revealing a group of players trained on Saturday morning despite not being in the matchday line-up.

The Sheffield Wednesday head coach said it was ‘unbelievable’ that the group put in the effort despite not being part of his plans for the clash with Preston North End.

And it provides further evidence of the team spirit in the camp according to Carvalhal.

“We had training with some of the players who were not in the squad and it was unbelievable that they trained,” he said.

“Jose Semedo, Modou Sougou, Filipe Melo, Sergiu Bus and Liam Palmer.

“They have got an amazing attitude and I am very happy to see these things.

“It means they are not happy to not be in the team but they are on the pitch and they come together to see the team.

“Everybody belongs and has a part which is very important to me.

“We have a real team.”

Carvalhal admitted it is difficult to leave out players who show such strong desire to be part of his plans.

He said: “I can only pick 18 in the squad so it breaks my heart when I couldn’t put in Semedo, Sougou, Bus and Palmer.

“They are working a lot and deserve to go into the 18.

“They are fantastic professionals and we have a fantastic group and believe they can help the team in the future.”

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Great comments and good leadership from CC. It motivates those that trained and shows opportunties whilst maintaing the pressure on those named in the 18 to perform and show effort as there are good players, with motivation, waiting in the wings... excellent player management.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest wilyfox

He won't keep them all happy for long. The season's only two months old so it's probably too early for any disgruntled players to spit the dummy out. Will happen eventually though.

This probably says more about Sasso, Lavery and Price who didn't turn up (unless injured).

It's Lachman and Dielna lost without trace.

Dielna is too busy with making videos for Instagram.

Really hope we get rid of him. Terrible signing. Never been a footballer.

#godisone

'Unbelievable' that players earning many thousands of pounds per week are willing to train on a Saturday, really?

Yes, it means they want to be involved and want to work with the team regardless, rather than take the hump or take the day off. 

I would have loved to hear the meltdown on Owlstalk if Carvahal had said:-

"I asked these highly paid professionals to do some training on Saturday morning to maintain their fitness as they weren't in the matchday squad.  They refused."

It would have been carnage.

They do as they should and its amazeballs!

lol

I would have loved to hear the meltdown on Owlstalk if Carvahal had said:-

"I asked these highly paid professionals to do some training on Saturday morning to maintain their fitness as they weren't in the matchday squad.  They refused."

It would have been carnage.

They do as they should and its amazeballs!

lol

Stop being miserable and feel the luv.