McGugan in starting eleven, yes or no

Guest tadcaster_owl

Wasn't there the other night, but watched the full match on Wednesday player. Possibly see him on the bench for two or three of the next three and I recon he will get a start against Arsenal. I don't think he looked as lazy as others have suggested, but only seen what the camera man showed me.

Guest wadsgod

We've got that many good players now that nobody should be guaranteed a starting place although the player who in my opinion would be most missed is Tom Lees

Guest tadcaster_owl

I'll put my neck on the line and posters will shoot me down but McGugan is key to our promotion, #wealllovedhimlastyear

Stick Kieran Lee out on the right, drop Wallace, he's done nothing other than set up a few.  Bannan has the quality from set plays and that was Wallace only real contribution.

Bang McGugan in centre mid alongside Hutch.  Have Sougou as the impact sub for the right hand side, good crosser, pace, hard worker.

Stick Kieran Lee out on the right, drop Wallace, he's done nothing other than set up a few.  Bannan has the quality from set plays and that was Wallace only real contribution.

Bang McGugan in centre mid alongside Hutch.  Have Sougou as the impact sub for the right hand side, good crosser, pace, hard worker.

Wallace is second in the Championship assists rankings and has scored a goal as well, meaning he's had a hand in more goals than any other Wednesday player. I wouldn't be dropping him at this point, especially if it involves shifting Kieran Lee out wide.

Lee's in the form of his life right now and is running games from that central position; I would't be doing anything to jeopardise that unless McGugan was showing the kind of form which made him undroppable. Unfortunately, he isn't. When he came on at the weekend, we lost the relentless running and closing down which Lee offers in the centre of the park, and Carvalhal ended up switching McGugan out to the right flank in order to restore Lee to his more effective central role.

McGugan is a very good player, but Carvalhal clearly wants different qualities from his first choice central midfielders, and it's hard to argue that the system isn't working at present. I'd leave McGugan as a very handy option from the bench for now.

Shows how far weve come this season that we can be saying No to a player like Lewis in the starting 11, last season would have been unthinkable to leave him out.

The guy has obvious quality but at this present time who do you drop? So its a No from me.

If Lee or Bannan have a serious drop in form then what a player we have to replace either of them.

What a great headache for Carlos to have come matchdays.

We are in a position we haven't been in for years. We don't have to rush or force anyone into the first eleven.

At the minute Mcgugan will just have to bide his time, while the first team know if they drop just 5% there are very good players waiting to take their place.