Development Squad

Kivo_Owl runs the Sheffield Wednesday Youth Twitter page what has all the game updates. He normally gives his reviews on the games, goal by goal etc. Quite a good page to follow.

Be good if he can clear up what the situation is with Betra

Sure this has probably been done so apologies if I've missed it.

Is it just me or is there a lack of emphasis on the Develoment squad this season? Maybe it's because we're not pinning our hopes on it producing a gem but I hear very little about it now.

What happened to Stobbs? Betra?

The problem is we have 30 or so senior pro's on the books because nobody has been loaned out, so the likes of Bus, Lavery, Lachman Dielna etc are training / playing with the development squad and limiting their opportunities to play and develope as professionals themselves, pretty sure Stobbs is currently injured though.

I think that Betra is still recovering from his injury. Stobbs came back, but is missing from the side again, and there is a good chance that he might be injured again.

It seems to me that this year development squad is really about further developing our academy youngsters, and players that graduated through our, or where sign from other academies, rather then giving chance to fringe players to shine, and fight for first team spot.

Thanks all.

Rotten luck for Betra when he should be playing and training as much as possible at his age. Hope he comes back from it.

Guess it's only a good thing if the emphasis has shifted towards developing the under 18s as some have said rather than hoping some cast offs from prem academies come good for us.

Will give Kivo's account a follow as well, cheers for the heads up.

As has happened in the past at the owls, youth developement will only get lip service and put on the very back burner now we have a bit of money.

Have seen the Academy side a few times this season and have been impressed with the levels of graft,skill and team spirit displayed - been really good to watch!

Don't know how this compares to recent years, but really impressed with current team members.

What are your views Kivo/regular attenders?