Who would you drop mcgugan for then?

We seem to have an issue down our right hand side when teams decide to put us under pressure and have a go at us.

We have got away with in last 3 league games but we need to solve it. Other teams are not daft and will continue to attack that side.

Bringing Mcgugan on didn't help it on Saturday, made it worse and we should have brought on Lopes not Mcgugan.

Amazing that Alex Lopez can't even make the team.

Brilliant player.

Agreed. he also offers a different option to Hutch/Semedo in that position in games where the opposition are ball players. If he has time on the ball he can dictate play from just behind centre mid but where teams like Boro harried us we need a Hutch in there.

Guest TommyTank

Its simple really.

McGugan or Lee.

Lee is on fire in my opinion so Lewis needs to be patient.

Hutchinson is playing very well, doing what he does without being noticed really, if Hutch drops out then Semedo, Lopez or Melo come in.

Bannan is in competition with Matias, Wallace & Sougou.

Forestieri is too good, if he is fit then he plays.

With no FF we would more likely go with a more recognised 2 up top, rather than a number 10.

Personally dont think he can get anywhere near the team. Got Alex Lopez an absolutely superb player only making the bench.

Hutchinson/Semedo has to play as we need 1 defensive midfielder. Lee Bannan foristieri and wallace have to play for me I cant see CC dropping any of them for Mcgugan who does score some goals, but often goes missing. 

Think you've made a mistake.....

Don't you mean who would you drop FOR McGugan. Your title implies he's in the starting 11.

Honest answer, none of them. BUT I do believe he is technically our best midfielder. Can't see any of our other midfielders scoring the Brizzle goal or the goal at Newcastle, or the on Saturday. But football is a team game and the best player doesn't and shouldn't automatically get in the team if he doesn't benfit the whole.

Bannan and Lee are far more deserving. I Just wish Lee could add McGugans goals to his game then we'd have one serious flipping player on our hands. The best thing about all this is that all of a sudden we have an embarassment of riches and I can't believe we have this sort of quality at the club. It's like the 90's again!!!!

Almost.

Fact is...We are on a winning run...Carlos changes owt and we lose..he'd get slaughtered.

Whatever has gone on with Mcgugan , he simply has to man up and accept ..that at the minute We can't drop Lee, We cant drop Bannan and Forestieri is the marquee signing so is gonna be given a run whatever...

He comes in when either someone's form dips, an injury occurs or the team is having a poor spell and the manager sees fit to change things.

McGugan has great talent, but you don't just drop someone for the sake of putting him in the side.

We have a good squad now and competition for places, particularly in midfield.