Who would you drop mcgugan for then?

Personally dont think he can get anywhere near the team. Got Alex Lopez an absolutely superb player only making the bench.

Hutchinson/Semedo has to play as we need 1 defensive midfielder. Lee Bannan foristieri and wallace have to play for me I cant see CC dropping any of them for Mcgugan who does score some goals, but often goes missing. 

Mcgugan is the only midfielder we have who'll score 10-15 goals a season. That means he must be in the matchday squad.

No it doesn't. 

He doesn't fit in at the moment but is a cracking option from the bench. I'm sure that there will be a moment when he does fit in from the start though. Our fans can't deal with the fact that we have genuine strength in depth can they lol. We can't play them all. 

No it doesn't.

He doesn't fit in at the moment but is a cracking option from the bench. I'm sure that there will be a moment when he does fit in from the start though. Our fans can't deal with the fact that we have genuine strength in depth can they lol. We can't play them all.

That's why I put matchday squad?.

McGugan is most like Forestieri in style but the word was that is the role he was supposed to be dispute with CC about.

Wouldn't replace a fit Forestieri with McGugan though.

As his best he's sublime but can be a liability when we're defending.

Nope and we all know that McGugan can't play the role that Foristieri does so well. And he couldn't create anywhere near the type of openings that Fernando does. Quite different playing styles. 

Not sure I would be necessarily looking to drop anyone. That said if CC wanted to freshen things up a bit and to answer the OP a change of Wallace for McGuigan with Lee moving to the right I don’t think would have any detrimental effect. Nothing against Wallace who has started playing well in the last month so. Kieran Lee has arguably been the player of the season so far and Bannan was good Saturday and adds that balance on the left side.

That said, at the moment it isn’t broken so need to fix it and just enjoy the fact we can bring a player of McGuigan’s quality off the bench these days.