Is it happening?

I'm an eternal optimist

but that first half was like watching paint dry.

When we attack we batter teams...but we don't seem to do it enough

we need a bit of consistency in the way we play

but its looking good so far

From the first few games you could tell that we are going to concede a lot of goals this season, we jut have to accept that. But going forward we are going to be entertaining.

That first 20 minutes of the second half against Middlesbrough....my god, we were frightening. I've not seen football like that from a Wednesday side in years. Had the defence not cracked up at the worst possible time I have no doubts we would have won that. Our tails were up, the crowd were up. The signs are there, especially now we seem to have strengthened in defence.

Were still not a unit yet. The defence aren't the reason we're conceding. But were still a work in progress.

Yesterday, everyone turned up expecting us to win, and it had the potential to be a banana skin. But we won, even though we didn't play our best. Thing is we've played far better this season and lost.

We still need a couple more players, but if this clicks we could be looking at the start of something good. Its a real shame that I get the feeling that some of our fans can't wait for us to fail.

Guest mrbluesky

As Winston Wolf said, 'let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet'.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Guest minsk owl

From the first few games you could tell that we are going to concede a lot of goals this season, we jut have to accept that. But going forward we are going to be entertaining.

That first 20 minutes of the second half against Middlesbrough....my god, we were frightening. I've not seen football like that from a Wednesday side in years. Had the defence not cracked up at the worst possible time I have no doubts we would have won that. Our tails were up, the crowd were up. The signs are there, especially now we seem to have strengthened in defence.

Were still not a unit yet. The defence aren't the reason we're conceding. But were still a work in progress.

Yesterday, everyone turned up expecting us to win, and it had the potential to be a banana skin. But we won, even though we didn't play our best. Thing is we've played far better this season and lost.

We still need a couple more players, but if this clicks we could be looking at the start of something good. Its a real shame that I get the feeling that some of our fans can't wait for us to fail.

Fair old summing up that , ......... not seen a live game for a couple of years ( which will be rectified at Christmas ) , ..... so, i'm totally dependant on W. Player, You Tube, .... and the occasional appalling stream, ....... and whilst the transition is in it's infancy, it's looking like some of the best football we've played in many a year

I'm an eternal optimist

but that first half was like watching paint dry.

When we attack we batter teams...but we don't seem to do it enough

we need a bit of consistency in the way we play

but its looking good so far

I agree! Think this will come with time though...and a shiny new striker wouldn't go amiss either Edited by RKG

Something feels different for me at SWFC at the moment. It feels like we can't be denied. I haven't had this sort of confidence about the team from for a while. Anybody else feel the same?

Long way to go yet imo.

I didnt think we played that well yesterday agaisnt a side that has only won once agaisnt another promoted side, the first half was poor, we offered very little upfront and lacked creativity.

Second half big improvement until yet again we allowed them into the game like we did Fulham.

Our defence still needs sorting imo.

I'm glad we have 6 points from them games but it could have easily habe been 2.

I'm actually optimistic.... And holding my head up with the local West Ham fans... And the odd Arsenal mate! Bring on Oct 27th

i hadn't even thought of it but yes your right, in the midland triangle between coventry, liecester and brum, whilst normaly us Nuneaton Owls take stick from all and sundrea in our area it has gone a little quiet of late so i think the message is getting out there. the Massive are on there way back

Something feels different for me at SWFC at the moment. It feels like we can't be denied. I haven't had this sort of confidence about the team from for a while. Anybody else feel the same?

I feel the change but way to early for the "cannot be denied". That may come but there's still too much up in the air. The last time I felt anything like it was when we were promoted from L1 in the famous "mind the gap" season and then it happened over the last third of the season. The big difference this time is that we have a squad with better quality and better depth than we've had since the Prem. I guess what I'm trying to say is it feels like it's being done right. Whether we make it this time or not remains to be seen (it appears to be a very tough Championship this season). Unlike our 9th place finish under Laws, I don't think we will be relying on luck quite so much. (That was in no way a dig against Laws as it was an amazing result with the resources at hand).

I think there's genuine belief in the players and manager that we aren't here to make the numbers up.

They aren't just saying it like has been the case in recent seasons.

Now the fans are believing to.

At the matches there's a togetherness that hasn't been present since the L1 promotion.

Don't know where we will end up this season but we're heading in the right direction.